Centre and Layout

I am taking advantage of the Layout features in GoDiagram.

I have looked but can't seem to find an option to tell layout to also centre the diagram horizontally in the GoView.
Is there a way to do this?

Try this: How to fit + center document in view after the layout is done.

That might not be want you want, since the topic that Jake refers to also rescales the view.

If you want to change the size of your document to just fit around your newly laid out objects, you could do this instead:

RectangleF r = goView1.ComputeDocumentBounds(); // figure out how big the occupied area of the document really is goView1.Document.Bounds = r; // resize document to just hold the objects goView1.DocExtentCenter = new PointF(r.X+r.Width/2, r.Y+r.Height/2); // recenter the view at the document's center

If you just want to scroll the view without changing the document’s size, try something like:

RectangleF r = goView1.ComputeDocumentBounds(); // figure out how big the occupied area of the document really is goView1.SheetStyle == GoViewSheetStyle.Sheet; // allow scrolling beyond end of document bounds goView1.DocExtentCenter = new PointF(r.X+r.Width/2, r.Y+r.Height/2); // recenter the view at the document's center

All I want to do is place the diagram at the top middle of the View when I call Layout.

Try this code.

1. set your view up:
    this.SheetStyle = GoViewSheetStyle.Sheet;

2. Call CenterDoc() after every Layout.

3. Add this code to your view:

public virtual void CenterDoc() 
{
  RectangleF docb = this.Document.Bounds;
  Size viewsz = this.ClientSize;
  this.DocPosition = new PointF(docb.X + docb.Width / 2 - viewsz.Width / 2,
  this.DocPosition.Y);
 }