1.1 beta changes in Geometry path strings?

Posted this in one of the older threads last week, but did not get any response (Please remove this if you answer the other one)…

Follow up question on this one. Tried to make the whole table
disappear when the group is collapsed. Tried to do it the following way:

myDiagram.groupTemplateMap.add(“ICON-EXP”,

$(go.Group, go.Panel.Auto,  
      { minSize : new go.Size(50,100)},    
    new go.Binding("location", "location", go.Point.parse).makeTwoWay(go.Point.stringify),
      $(go.Shape, { fill: null, stroke: "blue", strokeWidth: 2 }),
      $(go.Panel, go.Panel.Table,
      { name: "TABLE", margin: 0 },

new go.Binding(“visible”,“isSubGraphExpanded”).ofObject(),
// this will be the top half
$(go.Shape, { row: 0, fill: “transparent”, stroke: null, stretch: go.GraphObject.Fill }),
// this Placeholder will occupy the bottom half
$(go.Placeholder, { row: 1, background: “transparent”, padding: 5 })),
$(“SubGraphExpanderButton”,{alignment: new go.Spot(0,0)})));

It works, however the collapsed object is not possible to move around… Any ideas why?

BTW:
Did you change the handling of geometry strings somehow in beta 7. Arcs
are misbehaving badly for me with beta 7, but worked flawlessly
before…

Yes, because we are now supporting functionality in GoJS geometry path strings that extends what is provided by SVG geometry path strings, we had to make an incompatible change.

The change is that go.Geometry.parse’s optional second argument now defaults to false instead of true. Basically, we are stating that all geometry path strings in GoJS now follow the GoJS syntax.

SVG geometry path strings are a proper subset of GoJS geometry path strings. (This is new in 1.1.) SVG geometry path strings do not indicate whether the figure is filled. You can convert a SVG geometry string that was meant to be filled into a GoJS geometry string by calling go.Geometry.fillPath.

I believe yuo misunderstand the question, I’m talking about changes between beta 6 and beta 7. Besides that I have explicitely been using false as the second argument all the time (both in beta 6 and beta 7), but in beta 7 the arcs does not render as they should seems to be dependent on scale somehow), while in beta 6 it worked flawlessly.

What about the first question?

Yes, we have been fixing bugs throughout the beta period. What is the geometry path string and how are you using it?

To convert an SVG path string to GoJS, if you want it to be filled, you should call go.Geometry.fillPath.
I answered the first question in that topic/thread. (That’s why I changed the title of this one, so it made sense to keep this topic.)

Here’s the geometry string

"F M 50 60 50 148 A 2 2 0 0 1 48 150 L 2 150 A 2 2 0 0 1 0 148 L 0 50 A 25 50 0 0 1 50 30 "
I'm using as the shape of a group. When the group is changing size (by moving the contained objects around the shape changes appearance, which it did not in beta 6. Maybe the string is not correct for the shape I try to create (I'm completely new to this), but it did work as expected before beta 7...

Sorry for the delay, but we are trying to fix as many bugs as we can for the next base-level.

That looks like a regression from a bug fix we did in beta 7. Thanks for reporting it.

Thanks for catching that. I had made a fix to B-arcs (GoJS arcs) and accidentally applied it to A-arcs (SVG arcs) as well. It’s been fixed and will be in the next release.