Ability to float a separate diagram(treeview) in a new window?

Hi,

I’m wondering if there is any way to float a separate diagram, like a tree view or a palette in a new window.

I think it can be done in a palette without too much trouble since the palette isn’t reliant on any data in any other diagram, but I don’t know how you might implement a diagram that needs to be synced with another, like a tree view.

Hello,

If you mean new browser window: this is not something built-in to GoJS, but operations like that should be possible with the HTML5 API called cross-document messaging (aka web messaging).

You would need to post a message from one frame to the other with some (JSON) data, then do something with it in the second frame. We might be able to make an example of this, but it could take a little while.

If you mean a floating “div/window” but the same browser window: see this sample: HTML Interaction

Thanks!
I mean the former, with a new browser window.

The cross document messaging api sounds like it fits the bill, although something to be wary about is support in IE:

IE 8 and 9 seem to only support it in iframes, rather than a new window, which thankfully, isn’t a concern here.