Announcing GoJS 2.0 Beta Release

For 2.0, GoJS has been rewritten in TypeScript, with improvements to stability and documentation. All customers (with or without source code licenses) are able to take advantage of the TypeScript definitions .d.ts file, which is more comprehensive in 2.0.

A source license will now include TypeScript source files as well as JavaScript sources, and examples of how to build the library into your project with Webpack or Browserify, should you wish to. This will allow you to remove unused modules from the source code, such as Layouts, Models, and Tools that you are not using. Note that unless you have strong minification, you may not see size improvements over the pre-built go.js library, which is highly optimized.

The size of the go.js library has been reduced, and the gzipped size further reduced, from 1.8 versions.

The main library has been reduced by removing many of the uncommon figures. These are now an extension.

GoJS can now also be loaded as an ES6 Module, and can be run DOM-less in Node.

We have also added the ability to create your own Panels, with the new PanelLayout class. See an example here.

Read about these and several other changes and additions, here: GoJS Change Log

You can access the Beta, here: GoJS - Build Interactive Diagrams for the Web

You can request a license key for the Beta, here: Product Activation

2 Likes

Hello !
That’s great news. I’m new to GoJS and my first impressions are that it’s a well done project, nicely documented and under a very active development.

I would like to know if there’s already a GoJS 2.0 release date planned ?
Also, if we’re planning a new application making use of GoJS, would it be better to go (hehe) with the 2.0 version even if it’s currently in beta, or to start with 1.8 ?

I’ll let Simon answer the release date question.

I would suggest using 2.0 beta. It’s been in the works for a long time, so we’ve already fixed most of the bugs in it. In fact I don’t know of any bugs that it has that aren’t also in 1.8 and being fixed in both right now.

1 Like

For release date, on the order of weeks, not months, but no specific date is set yet.

1 Like

Also, a reminder for anyone using the 2.0 beta: please note your usage of 2.0 in your communications with us, whether in this forum or by email. Although for most purposes the 1.8 and 2.0 libraries are highly compatible with each other, it’s possible we made a mistake.

Beta3 has been released. This includes several bugfixes and all updates from 1.8.31.

Beta5 has been released, which includes bugfixes and all updates from 1.8.32.

We have also published 2.0.0-beta5 under the “beta” tag on npm. This means you can do

npm i gojs@beta

to get the Beta. It is also here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/gojs/v/2.0.0-beta5

cc @MichaelPolla

We have also published 2.0.0-beta6, also under the “beta” tag on npm.

We have published 2.0.0-beta7, also under the “beta” tag on npm. So you can write:

npm i gojs@beta

to get the newest Beta.

We have published 2.0.0-beta8, also under the “beta” tag on npm. You can write:

npm i gojs@beta

to get the newest Beta.

We have published 2.0.0-beta9, also under the “beta” tag on npm. You can write:

npm i gojs@beta

to get the newest Beta.

We have published 2.0.0-beta10 , also under the “beta” tag on npm. You can write:

npm i gojs@beta

to get the newest Beta.

You may have noticed that for a while now we have been putting out a beta 2.0 release whenever we put out a 1.8.* release, so that any bug fixes in 1.8 are also fixed at the same time in 2.0 beta (if applicable). In this case the release was 1.8.35.

We have published 2.0.0-beta12 , also under the “beta” tag on npm. You can write:

npm i gojs@beta

to get the newest Beta.

You may have noticed that for a while now we have been putting out a beta 2.0 release whenever we put out a 1.8.* release, so that any bug fixes in 1.8 are also fixed at the same time in 2.0 beta (if applicable). In this case the release was 1.8.36.

GoJS 2.0 has moved to release:

https://forum.nwoods.com/t/announcing-gojs-2-0/11565/2

Beta users, please upgrade when you get the chance.

1 Like