Announcing GoJS 2.0!

GoJS 2.0 has been released

As always you can get the latest with npm i gojs.

The GoJS library is almost completely compatible with version 1.* – see the listing of a few minor incompatibilities in the Changelog.

For 2.0, GoJS has been rewritten in TypeScript, with improvements to stability and documentation. All customers (with or without source code license) can take advantage of the TypeScript definitions .d.ts file, which is much more comprehensive in 2.0.

A source license will now include TypeScript source files as well as JavaScript sources, and examples of how to build the library into your project with Webpack or Browserify, should you wish to. This will allow you to remove unused modules from the source code, such as Layouts, Models, and Tools that you are not using. Note that unless you have strong minification, you may not see size improvements over the pre-built go.js library, which is highly optimized.

The size of the go.js library has been slightly reduced (both uncompressed and gzipped), from 1.8 versions.

The main library has been reduced by removing many of the uncommon figures. These are now an extension. (Figures.js)

GoJS can now be run DOM-less, in Node.js.

We have added the ability to create your own types of Panels, with the new PanelLayout class. See an example here.

Further release notes are in the Changelog

We are happy to field questions and suggestions.

The API documentation is better now too: it includes the extension classes.

And a neat feature: just start typing on any of the API pages, and it will show a list of matching class/property/method names.

I updated my GoJS 1.8.35 to the GoJS 2.0.0 NuGET package and noticed that the name of the .js files are go-@VERSION.js. This does not match my bundle criteria and the library is not used. I was expecting go-2.0.0.js.

Sorry about that. I think we’ve fixed our build/publish/distribute procedures for 2.0.1, which should come out next week.

In the meantime, if you haven’t already, you can just rename the file that you got.

Will do. Thanks.