CollapsingQueryNode

Hello,

I followed the demo12 example on how to create a Collapsable item with multiple items with obvious changes to to fit my requirements. However, I am having a hard time trying to get the node to have focus and make the node moveable.
What I am trying to achive is that the user drops the node on the GoView( in the example it is dropped on GoDocument ). When the user clicks on the header or the node, the entire node should get the focus and the user should be able to drag the node around.
These are the settings I have on GoView:
this.PortGravity = 10;
this.AllowSelect = true;
this.AllowMove = true ;
These are the settings on the GoNode:
this.Selectable = true;
this.PickableBackground = true;
this.Resizable = true;
for the GoText node the settings are as follows:
this.Selectable = true ;
this.Deletable = false;
this.DragsNode = true ;
this.AutoResizes = false;
For the GoListGroup the settings are as follows:
this.Copyable = false;
this.Deletable = false;
this.DragsNode = true;
this.Selectable = true;
Despite all this I am not able to select the node I have just dropped.
Any ideas on what could I be missing.

Just to clarify – nodes (or any GoObject, for that matter) cannot get focus. Only Controls can get focus. So I assume you are talking about selection, as you said at the end.

Are you saying when the user clicks on any part of a CollapsingRecordNode, nothing gets selected?
Can the user select it by rubber-band selecting around the whole node?

[QUOTE=walter]Just to clarify – nodes (or any GoObject, for that matter) cannot get focus. Only Controls can get focus. So I assume you are talking about selection, as you said at the end.

Are you saying when the user clicks on any part of a CollapsingRecordNode, nothing gets selected?
Can the user select it by rubber-band selecting around the whole node?
[/quote]
Walter,
You are correct I was talking about selection. You are also correct in assuming or reading between the lines when you said, "
Are you saying when the user clicks on any part of a CollapsingRecordNode, nothing gets selected? ". That is the problem I am trying to solve. The idea is that when the user clicks on the header the control gets selected. the user can than move the user around on the GoView.
Hope this clarifies my problem.

Is the node selected after being dropped by the user, having been dragged from somewhere else? I’m just making sure that it can be selected at all, and that when selected it appears selected.

Also -- does SelectAll (Ctrl-A) select it? What about rubber-band selection?

[QUOTE=walter]Is the node selected after being dropped by the user, having been dragged from somewhere else? I’m just making sure that it can be selected at all, and that when selected it appears selected.

Also -- does SelectAll (Ctrl-A) select it? What about rubber-band selection?
[/quote]
Yes indeed the node does appear selected when it is first dropped on the an GoView.
And the user can indeed select the object using rubber - selection.
I am working on trying the dragsnode property ..but any differences between GoDocument object( like example demo12 vs. my object GoView ) that I could be missing ?

Just a FY, I was able to fix this problem by taking the following steps…

this.DragsNode = true; <--for the GoListGroup
setting the
qn.Movable = true; <-- Where an is equal to the newley created query node.
I have no idea how it became qn.Moveable = false( well I do but I blame it on the code demon ).
Thanks for your input.