Disable the selection and dragging of the node during rubber band zoom

I have implemented the rubber band zoom feature.
When the strating point of the rectangle is on a node, the node is selected and is dragged.
How do I disable the selection and dragging of the node during rubber band zoom.

I have tried setting false to AllowSelect property in diagram but it does not work because the selection rectangle itself is disabled.

Override the DragSelectingTool.CanStart method, GoXam for WPF 2.2.4, so that it ignores whether or not there is a Part at the mouse point. Here is the standard definition of that method, with the Part-checking code commented out:

public override bool CanStart() {
      if (!base.CanStart()) return false;

Diagram diagram = this.Diagram;
      if (diagram == null || !diagram.AllowSelect) return false;

// require left button & that it has moved far enough away from the mouse down point, so it isn't a click
      if (!IsLeftButtonDown()) return false;

// don't include the following check when this tool is running modally
      if (diagram.CurrentTool != this) {
        // mouse needs to have moved from the mouse-down point
        if (!IsBeyondDragSize()) return false;

// don't start if we're over a selectable part
        //Part part = FindPartAt(diagram.FirstMousePointInModel, true);
        //if (part != null) return false;
      }
      return true;
    }

From your description I assume you want to disable the DraggingTool. You can do that directly, by setting DraggingTool.MouseEnabled to false. Or you can set Diagram.allowMove and Diagram.allowCopy to false.

I have tried the above implementation.When I zoom anywhere on the diagram, CanStart() works fine. But when I try to zoom a particular node where the start point of the rect is inside the node, it hits the (!base.CanStart() ) and returns false. Hence the node is selected.
Diagram.AllowMove & Diagram.AllowCopy when set to false disables the DraggingTool itself which I don’t want.
Is there any other way to solve this?

What do you want a mouse-down-and-drag to do when the mouse-down point is on a Node? You can either choose to drag the node (starting the DraggingTool) or you can choose to start a selection box (DragSelectingTool).

By default the DraggingTool takes precedence, but you could swap the order of the DraggingTool and the DragSelectingTool in the Diagram.MouseMoveTools list.