Error while loading GoXam sample project?

Hi,

I am new to Silver light platform, so I am trying to run sample application (GoSilverlightMinimal5), provided with GoXam trial download.
But the following error is generated while opening the project with visual studio 2010:

C:\Users\uide8067\Documents\GoSilverlight 1.3.3.5\Samples\GoSilverlightMinimal\GoSilverlightMinimal5.csproj : error : Unable to read the project file ‘GoSilverlightMinimal5.csproj’.

C:\Users\uide8067\Documents\GoSilverlight 1.3.3.5\Samples\GoSilverlightMinimal\GoSilverlightMinimal5.csproj(156,3): The imported project “C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Silverlight\v5.0\Microsoft.Silverlight.CSharp.targets” was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

How can I load & build the project?Please reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks

That error message is saying that Visual Studio is not configured to compile C# code (*.CS files).

Which edition of Visual Studio 2010 are you using?

Make sure that you can create a new Silverlight application using C#, without involving GoXam at all.

Hi,

Yes, I can create a new Silverlight application using C# on my m/c, without involving GoXam at all.
Please refer the following information regarding installed edition of Visual Studio 2010 on my m/c:

Please reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Then maybe the problem is whether you have installed the tools for Silverlight 5 instead of Silverlight 4?
Check the target platforms available in the properties for your new Silverlight app, or when you create a new one.

I believe you did install the GoSilverlight kit for Silverlight 5.

Hi,
Yes, you are right. I checked the ‘Target Silverlight Version’ in my application, which is Silverlight 4. There is no drop down option for Silverlight 5.

How can I install the GoSilverlight kit for Silverlight 4?

Please le me know as soon as possible.

I strongly recommend upgrading to Silverlight 5 for new projects.

We only included a DLL compiled for Silverlight 4 in the kit for those older projects that do not want to change. In fact I recommend upgrading to Silverlight 5 for old projects.

There was hardly any demand for kits for Silverlight 4 once the Silverlight 5 kits became available.

Hi,

Now I have upgraded visual studio 2010 for silverlight 5.
So sample application is loaded successfully, but now when I am building this project, then the following error generated:
Please let me know how can I build & run this sample application?

I don’t know what the problem is. Perhaps if you search the web you will find other people that have run into that problem, which continues to look like some kind of configuration problem. The warning messages imply a confusion between the Silverlight run-time environment and the regular .NET run-time environment.

Are you able to run the pre-built samples (i.e. the XAP files from the HTML files) successfully on your machine?

Hi,

The actual problem was due to upgradation of Visual studio 2010 for silverlight 5.
I again upgraded & now I am able to build & run sample applications successfully.

Thanks for your hints & support in this regard.