Eval on Vista

I’ve built an application on another computer and am trying to move it over to a new laptop. I’m using Eval 2.6.2 with Vista Home Premium, 32 bit OS.
It continues to get the runtime error. I’ve installed a new eval package on the new laptop. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get it to work (run licensemanager with eval, rebuild license assembly, etc). I can’t seem to find a Northwood entry in the Vista registry.
Here’s the error:
Built using GoDiagram Web 2.6
Copyright © Northwoods Software, 1998-2007. All Rights Reserved.
The license for this copy of GoDiagram Web is invalid or has expired.

Please purchase a license at www.nwoods.com
If you have already purchased a GoDiagram (base library) development license,
have you requested an Unlock Code for your development machine by running the GoDiagram LicenseManager?

For ASP.NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 2.0 with Web Application Projects:
If you have already entered an Unlock Code in the LicenseManager,
did you insert a VersionName assignment statement into your web application constructor?
(Generate this statement by clicking on Generate License Key button in the License Manager.)
If you already have a GoView.VersionName assignment statement,
is the license key up-to-date for this version?
(You need to regenerate the license key for each new major/minor version of the assembly.)
You also cannot rename your assembly after it has been linked.

For ASP.NET 2.0 with Web Site project model:
If you have already entered an Unlock Code in the LicenseManager,
did you build an App_Licenses.dll assembly in your Bin subdirectory?
(Make sure the needed components and correct FOUR-part VERSION are listed in the LICENSES.LICX file,
and that you invoke ‘Build Runtime Licenses’ on the LICENSES.LICX file in the Solution Explorer.)
If you already have built an App_Licenses.dll assembly,
is the license key up-to-date for this version?
(You need to explicitly invoke ‘Build Runtime Licenses’ for each new major/minor version of the assembly.)
There should not be any GoView.VersionName assignment statements in your web application constructor.
Environment info:
version: 2.6.2.2
null entry

null licensed assembly

null saved key

So you installed GoWeb2622.msi on Vista using your own account?
And then you ran the LicenseManager from your own account to request a new unlock code?

I assume you had no problems doing development on your old machine, right?

By the way, are you using Visual Studio 2005 or 2008?

So you installed GoWeb2622.msi on Vista using your own account?

- yes

And then you ran the LicenseManager from your own account to request a new unlock code?
- yes

I assume you had no problems doing development on your old machine, right?
- yes, old machine was XP

By the way, are you using Visual Studio 2005 or 2008?
- VS 2005

So the LicenseManager is indicating that you have a development license for GoDiagram Web for your account?

Are you using the Web Site or the Web Application project model? If the former, can you rebuild the App_Licenses.dll OK? (That’s not necessary for doing development, but I’m curious.)

Are you getting this error when running using VS2005’s web server or are you using IIS?

So the LicenseManager is indicating that you have a development license for GoDiagram Web for your account?

- yes, I believe so:
The following licenses are present:
Northwoods.Go 2.6 evaluation (2.6.2), development expiring 2017-12-31
Northwoods.Go.Layout 2.6 evaluation (2.6.2), development expiring 2017-12-31
Northwoods.Go.Instruments 2.6 evaluation (2.6.2), development expiring 2017-12-31
Northwoods.GoPocket 2.6 evaluation (2.6.2), development expiring 2017-12-31
Northwoods.GoPocket.Layout 2.6 evaluation (2.6.2), development expiring 2017-12-31
Northwoods.GoPocket.Instruments 2.6 evaluation (2.6.2), development expiring 2017-12-31
Northwoods.GoWeb 2.6 evaluation (2.6.2), development expiring 2017-12-31
Northwoods.GoWeb.Layout 2.6 evaluation (2.6.2), development expiring 2017-12-31
Northwoods.GoWeb.Instruments 2.6 evaluation (2.6.2), development expiring 2017-12-31

Are you using the Web Site or the Web Application project model?
- web site
If the former, can you rebuild the App_Licenses.dll OK? (That's not necessary for doing development, but I'm curious.)
- yes, seems ok

Are you getting this error when running using VS2005's web server or are you using IIS?
- IIS 7.0 from Vista Home Premium
However, I just tried with the VS2005 web server and it worked ok.
I prefer not to use the VS2005 web server though. Is there something that needs to be adjusted within IIS 7.0??

No, you just have an evaluation license for Northwoods.GoWeb et al. (You also must have installed GoDiagram Win, since you have evaluation licenses for those components too.)

So you need to run the LicenseManager, and request and then enter unlock codes for GoDiagram Web (perhaps Pro, depending on which licenses you have purchased).

Once you have development license(s) on your machine, you can rebuild the App_Licenses.dll, and your web application should run fine on IIS (as well as from Visual Studio).

I haven't used the Win version. Not sure why it's saying I have licenses for that unles perhaps I clicked it in the L Manager. I haven't purchased goDiagram yet but will once the project is deployed.
What I don't understand is why it will work using VS web server and not IIS under development license. I don't want to use the VS web server so this is becoming frustrating. What am I missing? I tried another clean install and still no difference.
Should there be a key in the registry for Northwood? I see nothing.

Well, you can’t deploy it until you have a license for it. That’s when building App_Licenses.dll will be important.

But for evaluation you could copy the HKCU\Software\Northwoods Software\Go.NET registry key to the account that is running your web application under IIS7. Actually, it would probably work to copy that registry key to the HKLM hive.

Thanks Walter. Copying the registry key from HKCU to HKLM did the trick for eval version. I’m up and running again with IIS.

Yes, before I deploy, I'll be purchasing a copy of it.