Export to SVG: react sample

I am trying to extend our current implementation of a GoJS diagram so that it can be exported to SVG.
We implemented the diagram in React the way you explain in your sample project here: GitHub - NorthwoodsSoftware/gojs-react-basic: An example project demonstrating usage of GoJS and React together

And then we wanted to add a button to export to SVG like the sample here: https://github.com/NorthwoodsSoftware/GoJS/blob/master/samples/minimalSVG.html

Underneath part of the code that is relevant for this issue. The issue I seem to have is that diagramRef is always undefined. I might be missing something really basic here, but any pointers into the right direction are more than welcome ;-)

makeSvg(): void {
        if (this.diagramRef.current) {
            const diagram = this.diagramRef.current;

if (diagram instanceof go.Diagram) {
                console.log("Found diagram, creating SVG now");
                const svg = diagram?.makeSvg({ scale: 1, background: "white" });
                const svgstr = new XMLSerializer().serializeToString(svg);
                const blob = new Blob([svgstr], { type: "image/svg+xml" });
                this.myCallback(blob);
            }
        }
    }

render(): ReactNode {        
        return this.state.nodeDataArray.length > 0 && this.state.config !== null ? (
            //  the parent div of the ReactDiagram need to have position: relative for the zoomSlider to be displayed as mentioned on their documentation https://gojs.net/latest/api/symbols/ZoomSlider.html
            <div style={{ position: "relative" }}>
                <button id="svgButton" onClick={this.makeSvg}>
                    Export to SVG
                </button>
                <ReactDiagram
                    //  we set the reference to this diagram to be able to refer to it in the code
                    ref={this.diagramRef}

Whoops, sorry, you can forget about this post. It’s been a while since I used React and forgot I had to bind the method to the component.

It just works now ;-)