How can I use GoJS in IE8

Hi,

I know GoJS does not support IE8.

Can I use excanvas(https://code.google.com/p/explorercanvas/) with GoJS in IE8?

Thanks

1 Like

That would not be sufficient. We recommend that the user install Google Chrome Frame, which supports IE versions back to IE6.

Thank you for your answer.

I was tested Google Chrome Frame, But it’s not work.

1. Install Google Chrome Frame

2. put X-UA-Compatible :

Basic GoJS Sample
  1. Result in IE8
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; chromeframe/27.0.1453.116; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Message : The HTML Canvas element is not supported in this browser,or this browser is in Compatibility mode.

Line: 9
Character: 52
Code: 0
URI: file:///C:/GoJSDemo/site/release/go.js

Line : 67
Character : 7
Code : 0
URI: file:///C:/GoJSDemo/site/samples/goSamples.js

Could you explain more specific procedures?

Thanks

Are you able to see the examples at GoJS - Build Interactive Diagrams for the Web ?

Well, Previous test result was 1.1.6.
But 1.1.8 (latest) is produce same result.

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; chromeframe/27.0.1453.116; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 06:17:48 UTC

Message: The HTML Canvas element is not supported in this browser,or this browser is in Compatibility mode.
Line: 9
Character: 52
URI: file:///C:/GoJSDemo/1.1.8/site/release/go.js

Line: 62
Character: 7
URI: file:///C:/GoJSDemo/1.1.8/site/samples/goSamples.js

Do I need to change IE8 security settings, or something?

Thanks

There might be a security issue when serving disk files. That is why I asked about whether you are able to see the samples on our web site.

OK, I see.

It’s work perfectly in IE8.

Thank you walter.

Can I ask why that wouldn’t be sufficient? Just curious.

I have a scenario where IE8 support would be desirable (i know, i know…) and not sure if we’ll be able to get their IT people to install Chrome Frame (which i think is being phased out of support by google)

The Javascript interpreter built into IE8 does not support many modern features, especially properties. It is also vastly slower than all of the other browsers (including IE9), which would not help the experience.

Hi, I want to use your company’s software to draw a flow chart, but I found that your company’s go.js does not support IE8.How to solve this problem? We do not want to install Chrome Frame, is there any other way, and I cannot see samples at GoJS - Build Interactive Diagrams for the Web in IE8

That is correct – GoJS cannot run on ancient versions of IE (< 9). I’m sorry, but I do not know of a good solution for you.

Perhaps you can implement a thin-client solution: generate images on the server. In the browser handle certain mouse and keyboard events and send corresponding requests back to the server, followed by loading a new image. That’s what we implemented back in 2002 as part of GoDiagram for ASP.NET WebForms. But you’ll need to re-implement that, because we no longer sell that product. And even if we did, you might not want to be tied to ASP.NET WebForms.

A post was split to a new topic: Do not replace a Diagram.model while a transaction is in progress