Not able to move Node

I have a datatemplate where I need node’s both linkableto and linkablefrom to be true and as something is linked to this node a dynamic port is created in it for the link.

All works fine but I am not able to move the node, every time I try to move the node it starts a link from it. here is the dataTemplate

<br /> <DataTemplate x:Key="SelectionAdornmentTemplate"> <br /> <go:SelectionHandle Stroke="{x:Static SystemColors.HighlightBrush}" StrokeThickness="4" go:Part.Selectable="False"/> <br /> </DataTemplate> <br /> <br /> <DataTemplate x:Key="ResizeAdornmentTemplate"> <br /> <go:SpotPanel> <br /> <go:ToolHandle go:SpotPanel.Spot="0.0 0.5" <br /> go:NodePanel.Figure="Rectangle" Width="6" Height="6" <br /> Fill="Fuchsia" Stroke="Black" StrokeThickness="1" /> <br /> <go:ToolHandle go:SpotPanel.Spot="1.0 0.5" <br /> go:NodePanel.Figure="Rectangle" Width="6" Height="6" <br /> Fill="Fuchsia" Stroke="Black" StrokeThickness="1" /> <br /> </go:SpotPanel> <br /> </DataTemplate> <br /> <!-- ===================================Actual Template=================================== --> <br /> <DataTemplate x:Key="BarNode"> <br /> <ItemsControl go:Part.SelectionAdorned="True" <br /> go:Part.Resizable="True" <br /> go:Part.ResizeAdornmentTemplate="{StaticResource ResizeAdornmentTemplate}" <br /> go:Part.SelectionAdornmentTemplate="{StaticResource SelectionAdornmentTemplate}" <br /> go:Part.SelectionElementName="Bar" <br /> go:Node.Location="{Binding Path=Data.Location, Mode=TwoWay}" <br /> go:Node.LinkableFrom="True" go:Node.LinkableTo="True" <br /> go:Node.FromSpot="BottomSide" go:Node.ToSpot="TopSide"> <br /> <ItemsControl.ItemsPanel> <br /> <ItemsPanelTemplate> <br /> <Canvas x:Name="Bar" Background="Black" Height="8" Width="120"/> <br /> </ItemsPanelTemplate> <br /> </ItemsControl.ItemsPanel> <br /> </ItemsControl> <br /> </DataTemplate> <br /> <!-- ===================================Actual Template=================================== --> <br />

Any idea how I can move this node?

If you set go:Node.LinkableFrom=“True” or go:Node.LinkableTo=“True” on the root element of the Node, that means that every element can start a linking operation.

However, you can choose which elements not to support starting drawing a new link by setting those properties to “False”.

Thanks Walter, that solved the problem I have moved ItemsControl into a border (with a reasonable thickness) and have set Linkable properties of the Canvas to false, Now I can move the node if I grab it by canvas and link it if I grab it by the border