Operation aborted

Currently we are using the 2.6.2 assemblies only,we didnt use any 2.5.2 file. However our page still had the <SPAN =highlight>operation <SPAN =highlight>aborted problem on page load.

What will be the Problem?
Thanks in advance

Could you provide more detail? I have no idea what problem you are referring to.

Im refering Posts: 21 and Posts: 3418.

the following is the conversation already done by this forum
Someone:
Hi,
The website I’m currently working with uses a goview within an update panel along with hover menu extenders from the ajax toolkit. When we updated our GoWeb.js from the 2.6.2 version of GoDiagram, we started to get the “Operation Aborted” IE error whenever a full postback was invoked and sometimes on page load.
We disabled all javascript from our page including any ajax toolkit features, but the error still occurred. So we reverted back to 2.5.2 GoWeb.js version and the error never showed up.
Any insight on this? I know for sure our website does not modify any asp or html components before the body loads.
Thanks,
J
Your Reply:

When reverting from 2.6.2 to 2.5.2, is the only change you made the GoWeb.js file being used by your application? In other words, are you still using the 2.6.2 assemblies on the server in both circumstances?

I'm just trying to track down the nature of the problem. 2.6.2 is now AJAX aware, but I thought the changes for that were only on the server.
Someone:

That is correct. Currently we are using the 2.6.2 assemblies, but using the 2.5.2 GoWeb.js file.
We narrowed it down to the GoWeb.js file because we thought maybe our aspx file was causing the error, so we reverted back to a known good aspx version. However our page still had the operation aborted problem even with our old aspx file. So we reverted to the 2.5.2 GoWeb.js file and the error was gone.

Has there been any other solutions for this. I’m trying out 2.6.2. The page will randomly abort. I’m using goWeb within a frame. The page will abort while trying to re-load the top page in the frameset. The page should have no reason to re-load the top page. The page works fine without the diagram. This really makes the component unusable for me at this point.

Please send email to GoDiagram at our domain and I'll reply with an updated version of GoWeb.js that may correct the problem.

May I also get an updated version? I still get the problem randomly. I will also send an email.

Thanks,
J

Update appears to work. Thanks!

Hi, I wasn’t able to get the fix. So upon further investigation we have narrowed down the possible cause to the javascript function “goReloadData(img)” in GoWeb.js in version 2.6.2.2.
It is being called in line 209 “if (!v) goReloadData(img);” from the function goInit(…) on page load/refresh.

In the goReloadData function, appendChild and createElement are used which are known to cause the Operation Aborted error in IE when called before the page is fully loaded.

If I comment out line 209 to prevent goReloadData from being called, the page loads fine except GoView will not register context clicks and tooltips.

What can be suggested to avoid this problem? If it helps, I can email a stripped down version of our page that will consistently trigger the error.

Thanks,
J

We’ll investigate.

hi, any news on this? we have the same problem.

I have sent you a new GoWeb.js by e-mail.

Also: http://www.nwoods.com/forum/uploads/GoWeb.zip