Problem while doing action

Hi,

I have a problemwhile I'm doing any action on a go component (view or overview) like a click, moving a node, etc.
I'm using the kit for .net 1.1 (2.6.2) and I tried the two ways for doing it :
1) Creating a GoWebImage.aspx inheriting of "Northwoods.GoWeb.GoWebImage", putting ImagePage = "GoWebImage.aspx" in the main aspx file
Moving httpHandler in the web.config
2) As I was doing with framework 2.0 (and it worked well) :
Changing ImagePage="GoWebImage.aspx" by ImagePage="GoWebImage.axd"
Deleting GoWebImage.aspx file and adding int the web.config :
<httpHandlers>
<add verb="GET" path="GoWebImage.axd" type="Northwoods.GoWeb.GoWebImageHandler"/>
</httpHandlers>
In the first case, I have syntax errors, which i get with firefox (same errors are raised under IE, but I'm unable to get them) :
goview_GoOverview1.Cursors = new Array(0,11,11,105,124,'',0,10,10,107,126,'move');
goview_GoOverview1.ToolTips = new Array(0,0,0,10,10,'Click to Scroll NW; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',0,10,0,277,10,'Click to Scroll N; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',
0,287,0,10,10,'Click to Scroll NE; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',0,0,10,10,265,'Click to Scroll W; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',
0,287,10,10,265,'Click to Scroll E; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',0,0,275,10,10,'Click to Scroll SW; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',
0,10,275,277,10,'Click to Scroll S; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',0,287,275,10,10,'Click to Scroll SE; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page');
goview_GoOverview1.ToolTipDefault = '';
goAfterLoad('GoOverview1',true);

[...]
The problem is that there's no tag before the script.
In the second case, I have this error on the page:
Parser Error Message: Could not load type Northwoods.GoWeb.GoWebImageHandler from assembly System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

Source Error:

Line 10:   
Line 11: 	
Line 12: 		
Line 13: 	
Line 14: 

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebSite5\web.config Line: 12
So, I wanted to know if it's possible to use the second solution with asp.net? And if it's not, what I have to change or what I did wrong?
  1. That’s very odd – I don’t recall seeing that kind of error before.
Do the sample web applications work for you?
http://www.godotnetweb.com/GoDiagramWeb2.6.2Samples/ is an installation of GoWeb 2.6.2.1.
2) I don't know what the problem is there. That ought to work, and I have not gotten that error in the past. But neither have I gotten that to work on my machine either.

All the samples are well working.

1) The weard thing is that when the page is load (first time or after using a button), I don't have the error. It's only when I'm trying to use a function of the component (click or moving items).
If you need more information, don't hesitate to ask :)

You upgraded from an earlier version of GoDiagram Web, right?

Do you use a GoWeb.js file? If so, have you replaced it with a copy of the one from the 2.6.2 kit? (We should have mentioned this in the release notes; I'll add it now!)

I don’t use GoWeb.js file.

Yes, I upgraded from an earlier version, but I just try to uninstall all the versions of the componant, and after juste reinstallation of 2.6.2.1, it's still not working, and I'm having the same error message.

What is the text after the tag in the error message? Is it the rendering of your page? Or is it something else?
I’m trying to narrow down what is generating that HTML in your application.

Also, from what version of GoDiagram Web are you upgrading?

Oh, does your application basically appear to work? In other words, does clicking on a node appear to select the node? Can you do other operations such as move or copy or delete objects (assuming your application permits such behaviors)?

I'm just trying to make sure that the basic mechanism is working. I.e. that the client JavaScript is sending requests to the server to have it handle events and generate a new image that is reloaded by the browser.

I don’t think the Go Diagram version could be the problem. At the begining I’m was using 2.6.1.2. the I used 2.6.2.2 and finally I want to use 2.6.2.1.

But I uninstalled everything to put my system clean anr installed again the 2.6.1.2 version.
Concerning the errors, 2 are raised. On internet explorer I get the two following errors :
In English : An error has been raised. Would you like to debug? Ligne : 66 (or 11) . Error : Syntax error. Yes, No?
When I check the errors under Firefox, I find this (for ligne 11's error):
goview_GoOverview1.Cursors = new Array(0,11,11,105,124,'',0,10,10,107,126,'move');
goview_GoOverview1.ToolTips = new Array(0,0,0,10,10,'Click to Scroll NW; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',0,10,0,277,10,'Click to Scroll N; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',
0,287,0,10,10,'Click to Scroll NE; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',0,0,10,10,265,'Click to Scroll W; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',
0,287,10,10,265,'Click to Scroll E; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',0,0,275,10,10,'Click to Scroll SW; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',
0,10,275,277,10,'Click to Scroll S; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page',0,287,275,10,10,'Click to Scroll SE; Shift-Click to Scroll by a Page');
goview_GoOverview1.ToolTipDefault = '';
goAfterLoad('GoOverview1',true);

GoWebImage

And for the ligne 66 error, it's the same kind, unless the first part outside tag is much longer and the html part is exactly the same.
I can put the firsts lignes if you want.
I don't know if it's the rendering of the pagen the link to open with firefox is the following : 
Erreur : syntax error
Fichier source : http://localhost/WebSite5/GoWebImage.aspx?GoViewData=3b944f43128b407f94a52fe1cdecb2ad&gp=1&go=1
Ligne : 11
Code source :

Where did that HTML come from? The JavaScript is generated by GoViewDataRenderer, but it doesn’t produce any HTML. Unless you have overridden GoViewDataRenderer.RenderData to do so – but that seems unlikely!

Is your GoWebImage.aspx page just a single line, an ASP.NET Page directive?
Do you have StyleSheetThemes enabled? This also seems unlikely, if you are trying to run with ASP.NET 1.1!

I finally found the problem. When I created the GoWebImage.aspx file, VS 2003 put the HTML code you saw. I deleted it, and it’s now working like a charm

Thanks for the help !!!