Routing Issues with Ctrl + Drag

Hi,

I dragged couple of nodes and I linked them. Looked something like below.

now I modify the link routes a little. After the modification it looks something like below.

Now I select the whole and try to drag it holding control and its copied as expected. But the vertical part of the link doesn’t move at all along x axis. The vertical part of the link always stays at the place and the horizontal part expands to till the place we drag the nodes. This happens only when there is vertical route in the link. Refer image below.

I am not sure why this is happening. Is this because the link template has Adjusting set to end ?
I don’t want the link to get stretched rather be the same as the size of the source and to be moved freely anywhere in the diagram. Any suggestions for this ?

Yes, that is probably because of Routing.Adjusting. If you do not set that property, does that problem go away?

Yes . If I don’t set Adjusting= End then the problem doesn’t occur but the custom routing is lost. I want the custom routing to be maintained

You want the copied Link to maintain the original’s route shape? I don’t know if that is possible to implement. I assume you are already storing the route in some property of the link data. What route does the copied data have before the new Link is created?

I tried the same in Demo application in “Draggable link” example. In the link templates I changed the Routing to orthogonal and Adjusting to End for all the link templates and I could replicate the behavior. Just that the the link was not movable across Y axis.

Yes, I see what you mean. I think copy-and-paste works the way that you want – it’s just that (control) drag-copy does not. And just drag-moving does work.

Should be fixed in 2.2.4, about which I sent email for you to try.

I replaced the dlls in the demo application it seems to be have been resolved the issue but I see another major issue in the dll you provided.

When I drag the set of nodes the nodes are no more linked. They just get disconnected.

I tried connecting the 2 nodes on the left and reshaped the link. selected the nodes along with the links and dragged them with CTRL button. the previous issue here is resolved i.e. I can move these selected nodes freely across X and Y axis freely but once its pasted, I tried moving one of the nodes from pasted group which is on the right. And its no more linked. as you may see from the image below.

Odd, I don’t get that behavior. I draw a new link between the “B” and “C” nodes, select both of those nodes and the link between them, and control-drag to make a copy. Then I select only the copied “C” node and move it. The result:

EDIT: but I can reproduce the problem when the Link is the relinked original Link. We’ll figure out what we did wrong and produce a new DLL.

Have you tried the newest DLL?

Seems still the issue is exists.
I dragged Alpha and Gamma and connected them using a link. Then I changed the routed manually by clicking on the points.and then I selected Alpha and Gamma along with the link and dragged with Ctrl. Expecting it to maintain the custom routed but as soon as its pasted the link moved to the previous links position. Please refer the image.

Thanks

OK, try again – new DLLs are at the same locations as before.

Thanks Walter. Its working perfectly now.