Version update in order

why we need to update version in order like if some one is using v2.2.2 and if we want to move 2.6 or later then why he need to update 1st 2.2.2 to 2.3 then 2.4 then 2.5 then 2.6.

I answered your email earlier, maybe you didn’t see the reply…

I don't know why you have this impression, it isn't true.

ok i checked my mail and have the same answer. let me know if i will update from version 2.2.2 to 2.6 for .NET framework 1.1. What will be the error list?

Please look at the following section from http://www.nwoods.com/go/media/WinREADME26.pdf
Upgrading to 2.6.1
If you are upgrading from a version earlier than 2.4.1, we suggest that you first upgrade to version 2.4.1. GoDiagram supports simultaneous installations of multiple major/minorversions. Even if you do not want to take the time to migrate your code through intermediate versions, we strongly suggest reading the release notes for releases you want to skip.
Any particular reason why it has been suggested that for versions earlier than 2.4.1 , we must upgrade first to 2.4.1 as mentioned above.

No, I can’t think of any important reason to do so.

I’ve reviewed the release notes from all of those old versions, and the only reason to try older versions before trying the latest version is to make it easier to understand and track any changes that have happened. That’s not a strong recommendation – just a suggestion.

In general almost all of the incompatible changes are either bug fixes or will be found by the compiler, but there are a few exceptions to that rule.

But you really should read all of the intermediate release notes as well as the latest one. Not only will you be warned about incompatible changes, but you’ll learn about new features that you will find useful and that can help you improve your application.