allowLink area for adding a link

I’m looking at switching on allowLink in our diagrams but looking at the BPMN Editor example I’ve noticed an issue. For the green and red circles, trying to drag the shape seems near impossible except via the label, it always tries to add a link. Is the area used for adding links configurable? I can’t seem to find an option for it anywhere

In the “event” node template, use this for the second “Circle” Shape:

$(go.Shape, 'Circle',  // Inner circle
          { alignment: go.Spot.Center, desiredSize: new go.Size(EventNodeInnerSize, EventNodeInnerSize), fill: "transparent" },
          new go.Binding('stroke', 'eventDimension', nodeEventDimensionStrokeColorConverter),
          new go.Binding('strokeDashArray', 'eventDimension', function (s) { return (s === 3 || s === 6) ? [4, 2] : null; }), // dashes for non-interrupting
          new go.Binding('opacity', 'eventDimension', function (s) { return (s > 3 && s <= 7) ? 1.0 : 0.0; }) // inner  only visible for 4 thru 7
        ),

Basically, you can use a transparent shape in front of the port element(s) that have the fromLinkable and/or toLinkable properties set to true.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I will give that a go