Bezier curve Link is no longer "curved" when adding fromSpot and toSpot

I’m working on a project and I noticed that the Bezier links are curved until you specify from what part of the node the lines should start and end using fromSpot and toSpot, then they don’t stay that way

Here is the template I use:
myDiagram.linkTemplate = $(
go.Link,
{
curve: go.Link.Bezier,
adjusting: go.Link.Stretch,
curviness: 80
},
$(
go.Shape, // the link shape
{ strokeWidth: 1}
),
$(
go.Shape,
{ toArrow: “standard”, stroke: null }
),
);

When I add fromSpot: go.Spot.LeftRightSides or toSpot: go.Spot.LeftRightSides to it the links become straight lines

I’ve made an example of this behavior based on the StateChart sample here Where you can find 2 lines of code under the comment “Links are no longer curved because of the code below” and if you remove them you’ll see the links are back to their normal state.

Am I missing something ? Can I make the same curved link and keep fromSpot and toSpot somehow ? Any kind of help is appreciated

Thank you in advance

When one specifies link connection point spots, there will be short end segments. That reduces the degrees of freedom in determining the route so that the curviness cannot have any effect.

But you can see that there is some curve to the path. You can increase it by increasing the fromEndSegmentLength and toEndSegmentLength. Try setting them to 50 or so.

1 Like

Worked perfectly, Thank you walter