Button Hover with Adornment

Below is what my node looks like:
Standard:
Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 12.59.42 PM
On button hover:

Selected:

The three status icons along the bottom of the node are all buttons- they are the same as the button described here, the only difference being they are Shape = ‘Circle’ with an icon on top. When I hover over the buttons with the mouse, things work as they should and the buttons darken in color; however, when the selection adornment is showing, they no longer darken when you hover the mouse over them. The on-click event for them still fires, but none of the standard button behavior that indicates that it’s a button is working.
Is there something with Selection Adornments that can be eating the hover event that I am missing?

Do you have a custom selection adornment (Part.selectionAdornmentTemplate)? If so, perhaps it is intercepting mouse events because the Adornment is in the Adornments layer which is in front of the layer that the Node is in. How did you define the adornment template? Is the Shape.fill null for the black border? (Any other brush/color including “transparent” would catch mouse events inside the shape.)

“Is the Shape.fill null for the black border? (Any other brush/color including “transparent” would catch mouse events inside the shape.)”

That was it! I had it set to transparent thinking that would behave the same. Thanks!