Button mouseEnter and mouseLeave events

Hi,
i have recently updated from version 1.7.4 to 1.7.26 and one issue appears which i am not able to solve.
I am using overview diagram as a magnifying glass like in this sample.

In 1.7.4 version mouseEnter and mouseLeave events are working when overview is active but in 1.7.26
when you move mouse over button and overview is active events mouseEnter and mouseLeave are not triggered.

Is it intended behaviour or i am missing something?

I was using it as workaround to be able to simulate click thru overview to original graph. For more details i created simplified demo from original sample in 1.7.4 version | in actual version

Or is there other way to achieve same result in new version?

Thanks
Peter

Thanks for setting up the two samples, but I don’t see any difference between the two. While the “Show Magnifier” checkbox is checked, moving the mouse outside of the diagram has the same effect in both samples.

I’ve tried both samples in three different browsers, just to make sure that that wasn’t the problem.

However, I do notice a lot of jitter with the “magnifying lens” alternating between different spots when the mouse is outside of the document bounds. But presumably that’s a separate problem from what you are reporting. We should improve the sample.

Hi,
sorry i forgot to mention that you should try to click to flag buttons with and without magnifier.
In older version popup with “click” (when clicked without magnifier) and “mouseEnter click” (when clicked with magnifier) message will appear, but in newer version “mouseEnter click” message will not appear after clicking with magnifier.

Regards
Peter

Try changing the overview’s CSS to the following:

#myOverviewDiv {
  display: none;
  position: absolute;
  background-color: white;
  z-index: 300; /* make sure it's in front */
  border: solid 1px blue;
  width:200px;
  height:200px;
  pointer-events: none; /* this is new */
}

What this will do is make the pointer events on the overview fall through to the diagram. You can take out your workaround with mouseEnter/mouseLeave. Let us know if this solution works well for you.

That css modification is working perfectly.

Thanks