Changing text on node From Context Menu

Hello. I am new to gojs. I am trying to change the text on a node via the context menu. I was baiscally following the change color example.

case "Color": {
            var color = document.elementFromPoint(event.clientX, event.clientY).parentElement.style.background;
            var what = document.elementFromPoint(event.clientX, event.clientY).parentElement;
            console.log(what)
            changeColor(diagram, color); break;
        }

The change color example console.logs the correct parent. However when I console.log the parent of tickets I get the sidebar menu. The parent of the ticket value is a select option.

case "tickets": {
            console.log(this)
            var text = document.elementFromPoint(event.clientX, event.clientY);
            console.log(text)
            changeColor(diagram, color); break;
        }

<select class="form-control textContext" id="cut" size="4" onchange="cxcommand(this.value)">
                                          <option value="ticketsd">Tickets</option>
                                          <option value="indicatorsd">Tickets</option>
                                          <option value="assetsd">Tickets</option>
                                          <option value="ticketsd">Tickets</option>
                                          <option value="indicatorsd">Tickets</option>
                                          <option value="assetsd">Tickets</option>
                                        </select>

I’m not sure exactly what’s going on here.

Note that in the original example it is getting the .parentElement; of the document.elementFromPoint, so if you are trying to make your code like that sample you might want:

var text = document.elementFromPoint(event.clientX, event.clientY).parentElement;

Just to be clear, I hope you know about the various coordinate systems that GoJS uses, and how to convert between them: GoJS Coordinate Systems-- Northwoods Software