Chrome & GoJS's blurred textblock

In Chrome, the GoJS tree view displays blurred text-block. How to make it as clear as other html elements ?

Thanks…

That does look bad. What are you running on, and with what resolution?

I don’t see that when running in Chrome on Windows. Do you see that in other browsers? Is there any scaling of the TextBlock, of the Diagram, of the HTML page, or of the whole screen? What about in browsers on other platforms?

I believe if you zoom your browser (not gojs diagram) you will get the same result in sample also

Although if diagram is zoomed text is scaled properly.

Yes, zooming the page will cause those results, and there’s nothing that we can do about that.

But I assume that was not the case in what you originally were reporting. Is that correct? If so, can you tell us how to reproduce the problem?

Hi

I know this is an old post, but are you able to describe why zooming the page will cause a blurry diagram.

We have some users who always have the page zoomed, and they shouldn’t have to put up with a blurry diagram!

Cheers
Adam

I know we’ve made some changes with how we render in different conditions.

I just tried zooming in on the Tree View sample page, and I find that the text stays crisp. I tried this in three different browsers, so this topic describes something that does not appear to be a problem any more. Could you tell me how to reproduce the problem that you are seeing?

Hi Walter

Its happens in our usage of GoJS, its not publically available so i can’t just show you. I am using Chrome latest and GoJs version 1.7.26.

I did notice the TreeView example starts off blury then sharpens up, do i need to enable or disable something to get this functionality?

Cheers
Adam

I don’t think you need to do anything, but until you tell us how to reproduce a problem it’s hard for me to say.

Can you tell me more about that?

And what platform are you using? Windows + Chrome?

On Windows 7 or 10, Using Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Screen Resolution of 1280x768 and the Browser Zoom set to 125%, then navigate to Tree View, the image will start blury and sharpen up, if you scroll, the newly rendered section will be blury and again sharpen up.
This is the worst case we have seen.

With the above setup, out app starts very blury and then sharpens a little but remains blury.

We have paid for a licence, should i email support directly?

The blurriness that you see during scrolling is intentional in order to improve drawing performance, especially on slower drawing devices such as mobile devices.

If you can help us reproduce the problem, we’d appreciate it. Sure, it would probably be more productive via email.

Hi Walter and Simon

I am unable to spend too much more time at the moment, but as a background task, i will try and produce a small example of the problem.

And get back to you.

Cheers
Adam