Contain adornment inside group

I am looking for a way to contain my adornment inside my group so that only the part inside the group is visible, I am creating the adornment using a geopath. I am unable to find any solution in the forums.
See below image –

I suppose you could scale the Adornment’s Shape to make sure it’s not too big. But what did you want to do when the member node is at the right or top or bottom edges of the group?

No, the size of the adornment holds value to my application. I do not want to scale it so that it gets contained in the group - that would actually change the whole meaning of it.
I want to cut the part of the adornment which lies outside the group even if the member node is at the edges, only the part inside be visible (even if it is very less).

But clipping that would mean that the apparent size of the adornment would indeed be smaller, which I thought you are saying is meaningful.

In general there is no way for one Part to clip another Part. You could clip each Adornment by setting the size of an “Auto” Panel, and then have the size be dependent on the location within the Group.

I do have a sample that implements scrolling of a Group’s members, but that does not use clipping – instead it sets their visible property depending on whether they should be visible in the group.

I was thinking if there is some way by which we are able to play with z-index or layering so that that portion of the adornment goes below a layer and hence not visible.

Hmmm, Layers do not have any visual rendering, but I could imagine adding a special Part in a layer that just consisted of a Shape that had holes exactly where all of the Groups were. But when dragging a group, the effect wouldn’t be great because of the lag in updating that special mask. Still, I think you have a reasonable solution to experiment with.

That sounds very complicated if you ask me. 😊

And it would fail amusingly when groups overlapped.

I can imagine.

Still need to find a good solution to this.

This is the best strategy that I know of at this moment:

Hi @walter,

Can you please share an example for this?