I have created a COM Interface around a C# .NET User Control. The User Control is hosting the GoDiagram (MapView) component. We have version 18.104.22.168. In debug mode, the COM Component, when hosted in a normal C# WinForm performs flawelessly. However, when we attempt to license the GoDiagram component (built in Release mode) and host it in an MFC Form we find some features within the component are not functioning.
E.g.: Click-Edit of text under a node freezes the application. I must kill the process to recover.
E.g.: Right-Click option to load a picture onto the background freezes the application (even before the file-load dialolg appears). I must kill the process to recover.
Some features work, others do not. I suspect the mechanism by which we licensed the utility may be the cause of the issue. I have seen in a previous posting there is a special way to license. For us, we have licensed the application following all the steps in the license manager and entering in the required codes. We have also created a licenses.licx file as an item contained in the project with the following information:
Northwoods.Go.GoView, Northwoods.Go, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a4e3b7b70161cfe8.
We only have one DLL reference "Northwoods.Go". We have found when licenseing this way we do get rid of the big "unlicensed" message, however, as stated in the above examples, we are featureless in some areas.
Please lend any assistance to help us resolve this issue. We are dead in the water without the failing features.