Diagram does not autoscroll on iOS when dragging node from palette

When dragging a node from the palette to the diagram and going close to the border, the diagram does not autoscroll:

toolbox_diagram_drag

It works correctly for existing diagram nodes and it even seems to work when first a diagram node has been dragged and then a palette node is dragged. But it doesn’t work if first a palette node is dragged.

Reproduced also with this sample in Safari on iOS: Flowchart

Are you reporting this only as a problem on iOS? Because I cannot reproduce it on any browser on either Mac or Windows.

I don’t have an iOS device with me at the moment, so it may take a while to debug this.

yes, only iOS or iOS Simulator.
It’s not an urgent issue for us.
Thanks!

It seems to be a problem on Android too. So it’s probably touch specific. We’ll investigate. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Thank you for reporting this, it will be fixed in the next release.

If you need a workaround right this minute you can write:

myDiagram.toolManager.draggingTool.doSimulatedDragEnter = function() {
    if (!this.mayDragIn()) return;
    go.DraggingTool.prototype.doSimulatedDragEnter.call(this); // base
    const diagram = this.diagram; // don't have to check for null because mayDragIn() does
    if (diagram.lastInput.event === null) diagram.lastInput.event = myPalette.lastInput.event;
}

NOTE that this workaround involves knowledge of the palette, referenced here as myPalette. You would need to substitute yours. Because of this you’ll want to remove it when the next release is out.