Editing the read out data by data inspector and not display properties that do not exist in a node

I have a property that has encoded information, I want to edit (decode) it and display it in the Inspector as clear information. How can I do that
I did it with select, it worked, but with normal properties it doesn’t work

my second question. some nodes do not have these properties but because I have edited them they are always displayed, how can I not display them if they do not exist in the node![Unbenannt|690x308]

For the first issue, maybe you need to override Inspector.convertToString, but more likely you need to modify Inspector.buildPropertyRow.

For the second issue, maybe the problem is that you specified the property to be shown when Inspector.showIfNode rather than Inspector.showIfPresent.

1 Like

can you give me please an example how and where should i use this method ( Inspector.buildPropertyRow ) ?

I was suggesting that you modify the method in the file that you copied from extensions/DataInspector.js or extensionsJSM/DataInspector.ts to do what you want in the special cases where you have encoded strings.

I added the (ul HTML Element) list to the data inspector, it works well and when I click on other nodes the data changes and it works also well.
but when I click with the mouse somewhere else all data will be empty except for my ul list how can I hide or erase them?

InkedScreenshot_2021-04-07 YY001 Test - Process Visualizer Pro - Intrexx Qualitätsmanagement Suite _LI

with some properties the data exchange does not work properly it does not affect the nodes

e.g. when I change the position in the inspector it always works and the node moves
but when I change the height or the width of the node in the inspector it often does not work

may it be because i added the HTML ul list ?

In the Inspector’s updateAllHTML method, if there’s no data it clears out each <input> element in the appropriate manner. You’ll need to handle your <ul> element specially.

1 Like

with some properties the data exchange does not work properly it does not affect the nodes

e.g. when I change the position in the inspector it always works and the node moves
but when I change the height or the width of the node in the inspector it often does not work

may it be because i added the HTML ul list ?

What are the bindings that have those data properties as sources?
Might there be conflicting constraints on the object sizing?

when defining a shape they are set and in JSON format datas are also included

It’s not because of the restriction because I give allowed values.
I mean values in the permitted range

Oh, are you trying to validate what the user enters into the input? That doesn’t involve GoJS at all. Client-side form validation - Learn web development | MDN