Fix swim lane headers

Hi

We’ve been asked for this feature a number of times, so I am wondering if it is possible with GoJS. We have a diagram with swim lanes that could be wider than the viewable area. Is it possible to fix the swim lane name so it is still visible when the user scrolls to the right?

http://gojs.net/latest/intro/legends.html

What are you suggesting? That we add titles on each lane then keep those synchronised when lanes change size or change name? I was hoping for something a bit simpler

Well, it depends on what you want to accomplish. That’s why that page suggests a number of different alternatives.

What do you want to happen when the user zooms in or out?

It sounds like all of the header information needs to be part of the model, yes?

Ideally it would be part of the model. When zooming I’d expect it to zoom with the diagram. In fact, I’d expect it to work just like the lane headers in your swim lanes example except that when the headers currently go off screen, they would remain in view. So I guess something similar to the header in this post which sticks to the top of the page once you scroll down. Really I’m just wondering how easy it is to accomplish so I can manage user expectations of when/if we can do it

You could use an overlaid Overview diagram to show the headers. Hide that Overview’s DIV element when the actual headers are visible in the main diagram (use a “ViewportBoundsChanged” DiagramEvent listener to find out whenever the user scrolls or zooms).

Not what you want, but consider: Magnifier

I think the overview will do the trick, thanks.