GeometryString Node resize problem

Look at this sample,

I have a GeometryString Node, when I resize width the height also changes in conjunction. So height is become bigger and bigger. Most Serious thing is if you drag mouse to change width to very narrow or drag to other side of node, height became very large then will system freeze.
Screen Recording 2021-07-02 at 12.28.50 PM

The problem is that you are trying to resize the main element of an “Auto” Panel, which is the element forming the border around the rest of the panel’s elements. An “Auto” Panel needs to have the main border element plus an element around which that main element is sized. But you don’t have that second element, so why have an “Auto” Panel at all?

In fact you have the Node also being a “Spot” Panel, but it too expects there to be other elements which will be positioned relative to the main element (in your case the “Auto” Panel, but should just be the Shape).

Instead you want to be resizing the Node, don’t you? The recommendation not to set the size of the main/border element is given at: GoJS Panels -- Northwoods Software

Combined, the resulting node template is much simpler, but still allows for adding decorations, which I assume you left out of the jsFiddle.

function init() {
  var $ = go.GraphObject.make;

myDiagram =
    $(go.Diagram, "myDiagramDiv");

myDiagram.nodeTemplate =
    $(go.Node, "Spot",
      {
        locationObjectName: "GEOM",  // center of the Shape
        selectionObjectName: "GEOM",
        resizable: true, resizeObjectName: "GEOM",
        rotatable: true, rotationSpot: go.Spot.Center
      },
      new go.Binding("location", "loc", go.Point.parse).makeTwoWay(go.Point.stringify),
      new go.Binding("angle").makeTwoWay(),
      $(go.Shape,
        { name: "GEOM", fill: "lightgray", strokeWidth: 1.5, strokeJoin: "round", strokeCap: "round"},
        { portId: "" },// this Shape is the Node's port, not the whole Node
        new go.Binding("geometryString", "geo").makeTwoWay(),
        new go.Binding("fill"),
        new go.Binding("stroke"),
        new go.Binding("strokeWidth"),
        new go.Binding("desiredSize", "size", go.Size.parse).makeTwoWay(go.Size.stringify)
      ),
      // ??? missing elements to be aligned relative to the Shape
      //$(go.Shape, { alignment: go.Spot.TopRight, fill: "red", width: 10, height: 10 })
    );

// Create the Diagram's Model:
  var nodeDataArray = [{
    "strokeWidth":1.5,
    "geo":"F M20 23 A20 20 1 0 0 20 63 L70 63 A20 20 1 0 0 70 23 A10 10 1 0 0 55 13 A15 15 1 0 0 20 23z",
    "loc":"5 5","size":"60 37","fill":"rgba(144, 238, 144, 1)", "stroke":"black","key":"G1"
  }];

myDiagram.model = new go.GraphLinksModel(nodeDataArray);
}

I see, the i use "Auto” Panel not good,
but the problem still not cleaned up , see this
Screen Recording 2021-07-02 at 9.39.32 PM

also same code on jsFiddle

I think it has to do with the continual remeasurement of Bezier curves, causing errors to accumulate. We’ll investigate.

This will be fixed in the next release, 2.1.45, which should be coming out later this week.

Thanks for reporting the problem.