GoBasicNode slightly changes position by image change

Hello,

Something weird happens when I change the image of a GoBasicNode.
For starters I am creating a GoImage:

Public Sub ShowStatus(Node As GobasicNode, Status as String)
Dim image As New GoImage()
image.NameIsUri = True
image.Selectable = False
Dim margin As SizeF = Node.MiddleLabelMargin

image.SetSpotLocation(2, Node, 2, margin.Width / 2, margin.Height / 2)

Select Case Status 'let's assume that the status is 0 at first
            Case "0"
                image.Image = (An Image from my Resources)
            Case "1"
            Case "2"
            Case Else
        End Select

Node.Add(image) 'the Image is added to the node
End Sub  

Everything good sofar.But when i try to change this image within the Node something kinda weird happens:
For example after a right click action where the image should change I do the following:

Node.Image.Remove() ‘the Image is removed from the node
ShowStatus(Node, 2)’.

So now that the Image in the Node has successfully changed the weirdest thing happens. The whole Node is moved a few pixels to the downright direction.Just a few pixels.Enough though for the user to notice it. When I reload the form the Node is in its right place.

What can I do to eliminate this tiny change?
Please help

Are all the images the exact same size? Are you still using the Shape object in GoBasicNode?

GoBasicNode doesn’t have an Image property. You’ve added that, I assume. Do you handle the layout in LayoutChildren?

Typically you would have the Image “set” routine Remove the old and set the new instead of doing the 2 step Remove / SetStatus.

For Example, here is how GoIconicNode handles the Icon property:

public virtual GoObject Icon {
  get { return myIcon; }
  set {
    GoObject old = myIcon;
    if (old != value) {
      CopyPropertiesFromSelectionObject(old, value);
      if (old != null)
        Remove(old);
      myIcon = value;
      if (value != null)
        InsertBefore(null, value);
      Changed(ChangedIcon, 0, old, NullRect, 0, value, NullRect);
      if (!this.Initializing && this.Port != null && this.Port.PortObject == old)
        this.Port.PortObject = value;
    }
  }
}

You probably don’t need the CopyPropertiesFromSelectionObject or PortObject handling.

Yes. Images are the same size. The whole Node moves slightly not just the image within. As you assumed, I have added the Image Property. Actually I am using the PersonNode from the DatasetDemo example(with a few changes and additions). Now that you mention it I do use the LayoutChildren to handle the layout and the problem is spotted in this function and specifically in the
back.Bounds = New Rectangle(center.X - newWidth / 2, center.Y - newHeight / 2, newWidth, newHeight)
I had a tiny change there where :
back.Bounds = New Rectangle(center.X - newWidth / 2, center.Y - newHeight / 2, newWidth + 5, newHeight + 5).

Those little fives turned out to do the damage…everytime something happend that would trigger the LayoutChildren would move the Node +5.

Those are now removed and nothing moves :)
Thanks for your help!!