GoDiagram deployment problem for .net winform app

Hi,

I’m encountering a problem when deploying GoDiagram with .net windows forms application.

Our application is being built on Microsoft Team Foundation server, I’m following the process mentioned in GoDiagram Win Introduction document:

1). have a valid license installed on a development pc
2). ensure the .net solution has license.licx included in the project (a DLL project not EXE project) that uses the GoDiagram control, and set the build action to “embedded resource”
3). the project references to the following northwoods components: Northewoods.Go.dll, Northwoods.Go.Layout.dll and Northwoods.Go.xml.dll
4). the content of the licese.licsx file is
Northwoods.Go.GoView, Northwoods.Go, Version=4.1.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a4e3b7b70161cfe8
5). the northwoods components are being deployed in the installation pacakge.
6) On the build machine, an evaluation version of GoDiagram is installed. and builds succeed.

However, when running our installed application in a machine that does not have GoDiagram installed, I get license check error.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Collin

My guess is that you don’t have the license installed on the build pc under the user account
that is actually doing the build.

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your reply.

I thought I only need license for development not for the deployment.

Just another question if you don’t mind. If we only have one development license, but we have two build agents, how do I handle the license issue?

Thanks again,

Collin

send email to “gosales” with your order number and they’ll help you with that.