GoDiagram Express New User

I am really impressed with this set of programming tools. However, I am a bit frustrated with the documentation. I have read the FAQ, Users Guide and have browsed the forum, looking for tutorials. I have looked at the sample applications trying to figure out how to do what I want. So far, I guess it just hasn’t really gelled.

What I'd like to do is create a Node that consists of a rectangle border, and then multiple text lines underneath, each with it's own port, similar to the Record of GoDiagram for win.
In reading the user's guide, I had thought the answer might be in the fact that a node can have a collection of nodes belonging to it. But still haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I will keep looking, but any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

You need to use GoDiagram Win, not GoDiagram Express, if you want to build your own kinds of nodes like that. That’s why the Express documentation doesn’t show you how to do that.

Actually, GoDiagram Win already includes a node class like what you want: GoMultiTextNode. Examples are shown in the (GoDiagram Win) Demo1 sample -- the two pink nodes, one with "first second third", the other with "one two three". RecordNode is an example class that inherits from GoMultiTextNode.

More research has turned up a possible solution:

create a goGroup
add the requisite children nodes (a goBasicNode as linkable border and a collection of goTextNodes). Only thing is, since I can't see the code for how a goBasicNode, goTextNode or some other node derived from goGroup, I can't see an example of how to go about doing this. And nothing from the sampleApp nodes stood out. Maybe I am missing something.
edit to add:
So there is no way to do that with the express version using the strategy I mention above?

That’s correct.

thank you.