GoJS geometryString to GoWPF/GoXam XAML Path data

Hi,

Wondering if using the geometryString from GoJS is possible in GoWPF?

I have a GoJS “editor” with a GoWPF “viewer” and would like to make use of the geometryString to avoid having to create node templates on each side (the nodes will be quite dynamic in design - I’d like to keep this all on the GoJS editor side).

I understand from the docs that the GoJS geometryString expands on the standard SVG commands. I am finding that simple shapes work fine in XAML with the Path element but complex shapes introducing the GoJS specific tokens break this.

Does GoWPF have native support for its counterpart geometryString or must we use Path?
Can I realistically get around this by translating the minilanguage on tokens such as F to get the different figures out?
Any other option?

My plan B is to just use node templates but I’d like to go with the path geometry.

https://gojs.net/latest/intro/geometry.html

The extensions to SVG path syntax, as described in that Introduction page, are unique to GoJS.

It was never a goal to limit the geometry path syntax to any particular standard – the goal was to be able to convert a Geometry to and from a string.

It’s been a while since I’ve tried this, but you should be able to show an HTML page using GoJS within a WPF application.

@walter

Thanks for the reply. I was actually able to just keep SVG compliant geometry in the nodes and use geometry.parse on the nodetemplate GoJS side and just use the geometry directly in WPF for the Path element.

I understand about converting the geometry to and from string but I would have assumed GoWPF was able to work with the string just as GoJS can as that is the only way I can see to transport the geometry between versions.