Golink

I know this might sound crazy but is there anyway to reverse the tonode and fromnode when making a link with the mouse?

well, if I understand what you're asking...
In GoToolLinkingNew, DoNewLink is called to complete the link on the mouse up.
public virtual void DoNewLink(IGoPort fromPort, IGoPort toPort)It, in turn, calls
this.View.CreateLink(fromPort, toPort);
So, if you have a GoView derived class, you can override CreateLink and flip the ports there.
If not, you can create a new GoToolLinkingNew and override DoNewLink.

I tried that but it still isn’t working. I’m new to this but let me try to explain my problem. There could be an easier fix. I think my real issue is with the tree layout. The issue I’m having is when I create my layout I have to create my links backwords to get them to show correctly. I’m using the layout to “clean up” the view after creating links. The issue is after I do the layout I can no longer create “back links” from objects that already have links because it thinks the links are already there.

Some nodes classes will only allow one link between node A and node B. But layout doesn’t affect that… What node class are you using?

I’m using the iconic one. I know it works because I can create them both ways before I do the autolayout or if I delete the link then recreate both of them.

GoIconicNode will only allow 1 link from Node A to Node B, and it also allow a backlink from Node B to Node A.)

But I don't understand what you're saying about "I think my real issue is with the tree layout. The issue I'm having is when I create my layout I have to create my links backwords to get them to show correctly".
Tree layout does use the direction of the links to determine who is the parent in the tree. maybe that's the issue...
The layout code allows you to create a "Network" that isn't really what you see on the screen. You can remove nodes or add links to the network that gets passed to layout. (or, you can reverse links if parent-child relationship isn't really given by the From To...)

The issue is the direction of the links. is there an easy way to make it where the Parent is the tonode?

In LayoutDemo for TreeLayout, you will see an option for “Tree Construction Path”. which lets you define what types of nodes are children. Does that help?

If not, post a screenshot of your tree....

That fixed my problem. Thank you very much.