GoView: Zooming Scrolling

Hi,
A couple of questions regarding GoView for a GoWeb application. Is it possible to move a node (if selected) in to view, or centre of the page, when zooming? Also, is it possible to change the scrolling functionality to use scrollbars?

Cheers....

You can call GoView.RescaleWithCenter, passing it the Center of the node you choose.

Regarding scrollbars, do you mean a native scrollbar or a simulated one implemented in JavaScript? I'm confident either one is possible -- it's just a matter of implementing it. But such a feature isn't built into GoView.

[QUOTE=walter]You can call GoView.RescaleWithCenter, passing it the Center of the node you choose.[/quote]Doable without a postback of the whole page? I noticed the script for the zoom in the demo uses goReload which redirects to GoWebImage.aspx?

[QUOTE=walter]Regarding scrollbars, do you mean a native scrollbar or a simulated one implemented in JavaScript? I'm confident either one is possible -- it's just a matter of implementing it. But such a feature isn't built into GoView.[/quote]I was looking to replace the default scrolling functionality (scrolls when margin is clicked) to having scrollbars in the margin if they are required.
Cheers....
You can have your buttons or any other JavaScript on the client call goRequest, and implement the request handler in an override of GoViewDataRenderer.HandleClientRequest. There's a simple example starting at the bottom of page 19 of GoWebIntro.doc.
No GoView/ interaction requires a whole postback if you set GoView.NoPost to true.
Also, for efficiency, remember to make a copy of GoWeb.js available in your web site, and refer to it by setting GoView.ScriptFile. And if you aren't using context menus, you can set GoView.CssFile to "none".
If you want to use your own scrollbars, you can set the GoView.ScrollMarginSize to 0x0. You'll need to customize the DataRenderer to send the GoView.DocPosition and GoView.DocumentSize (and other related GoView properties) so that JavaScript on the client can properly initialize the scrollbars. When the user scrolls, you can call the JavaScript function goPosition.