How to prevent dragging links from Node?

Hi Team,

We have a Node with portId set to empty string. And so when I drag from within the node I can draw links from it to connect to other nodes. But we want to restrict this linking behaviour. We’ve added an adornment to the right side of node and want to allow drawing links only from this adornment. The adornment only shows up on hover. We’ve already achieved this as shown in the images but want to prevent the default behaviour of drawing links when dragged within the Node. I know I can achieve this by defining ports but is there any simple solution that doesn’t involve changing the Node template and GraphLinksModel ?

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 12.28.42 PM Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 12.29.10 PM

Are you sure you want to implement a hover event? Such events are not convenient or reliable on touch devices. You could show that arrow on a click or in a selection adornment. See for example Simple Block Editor and Selection Adornment Buttons

The Grafcet sample does something similar to what you want, but I think your requirements could be implemented somewhat differently. Grafcet Diagrams When I get some time I can see what I can create for you.

OK, here you go: Hovering Over a Node Shows an Adornment for Linking

This is very helpful. Thanks a lot for getting back so soon! :)