Installation problem

I am having trouble installing a trial GoWin 4104 on virtual XP mode on Windows 7 x64 box.

The installation fails at the very end with the following message:

“There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor”.

After I click OK on the error dialog the installer rolls everything back.

The last few lines (before clicking OK on the error message dialog) in the installation log are as follows:

CreateShortcuts: Shortcut: MOVABL~3|MovableLinkApp
CreateShortcuts: Shortcut: TREEAPP|TreeApp
CreateShortcuts: Shortcut: BASICAPP|BasicApp
Action 8:43:44: WriteRegistryValues. Writing system registry values
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \SOFTWARE\Microsoft.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx\Northwoods Software GoDiagram Win 4.1.0.2, Name: , Value: C:\Documents and Settings\XPMUser\My Documents\GoDiagram Win 4.1.0 for .NET 4.0\lib2.0
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \SOFTWARE\Microsoft.NETFramework\v4.0.30319\AssemblyFoldersEx\Northwoods Software GoDiagram Win 4.1.0, Name: , Value: C:\Documents and Settings\XPMUser\My Documents\GoDiagram Win 4.1.0 for .NET 4.0\lib
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller\GoDiagram, Version 4.1.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, Name: , Value: Northwoods GoDiagram
WriteRegistryValues: Key: \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller\GoDiagram, Version 4.1.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, Name: CodeBase, Value: C:\Documents and Settings\XPMUser\My Documents\GoDiagram Win 4.1.0 for .NET 4.0\lib\Northwoods.Go.dll
Action 8:43:44: _1B6E38D6_E979_4E0D_A1BB_BD41796FCDA8.
Action 8:43:44: _CFD4E6E5_9F11_43A9_BAE3_8A726CDF2507.
DEBUG: Error 2835: The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog ErrorDialog
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2835. The arguments are: ErrorIcon, ErrorDialog,

(end of the installation log)

A help with the issue is greately appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Sergio.

I actually had replied to your e-mail this morning. You might want to check that your e-mail system is receiving e-mail from nwoods.com.

We can look into the problem. In the meantime, I suggest you just copy the installed directory from your Windows 7 machine to your virtual Windows XP machine. You will need to run the LicenseManager again to install development license keys in the WinXP registry.

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately I have not received your message for some reason - there is nothing neither in my inbox nor in the junk folder. Could you possibly resend the instruction regarding running LicenseManager to my other e-mail that I used to register with NWoods forum?

Kind regards,
Sergio.

The mail went to your corporate address.

I didn’t send any particular instructions – you just need to run the LicenseManager and request a new unlock code for that (virtual) machine.

And you only need to do any of this if you intend to rebuild your application on this Windows XP machine. If you just want to run your application for testing purposes, we recommend that you not install the GoDiagram kit nor run the GoDiagram LicenseManager on that machine.