JGO Image creation on server

I am trying to create svg file of a jgo image in server without showing a window. It uses some batik libraries also. I tried the example code that I got from JGO 5.1 release. It works when run in windows 2000 command prompt (using java.exe). But fails in 3 tier client server mode:
The server throws the following error:

Uncaught error fetching image:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

java.lang.NullPointerException

at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getConnection(URLImageSource.ja va:99)

at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getDecoder(URLImageSource.java: 108)

at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImag eSource.java:248)

at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:172)

at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:136)

Here is the code that I am using:

public class SVGGoView extends JGoView { public SVGGoView() {
} public void generateSVG(OutputStream outputStream) { // Get a DOMImplementation
DOMImplementation domImpl =
GenericDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation(); // Create an instance of org.w3c.dom.Document
Document document = domImpl.createDocument(null, "svg", null); // Create an instance of the SVG Generator
SVGGraphics2D svgGenerator = new SVGGraphics2D(document); // Ask JGoView to render into the SVG Graphics2D implementation
JGoDocument doc = this.getDocument();
Point pt = this.getDocumentTopLeft();
Dimension dim = this.getDocumentSize();
Rectangle rect = new Rectangle(pt.x, pt.y, dim.width, dim.height);
paintView(svgGenerator, rect); // Finally, stream out SVG to the standard output using UTF-8
// character to byte encoding
boolean useCSS = true; // we want to use CSS style attribute
try {
Writer out = new OutputStreamWriter(outputStream, "UTF-8");
svgGenerator.stream(out, useCSS);
}
catch (Throwable t) {
t.printStackTrace();
} }

I’m not sure what the problem is, since it isn’t at all familiar, but it looks like some sort of configuration problem. Is there any way for you to debug this enough to get an idea of what causes the particular error? What is it trying to fetch?

Hi Walter:
Yes, it was a configuration problem - a class path problem. Basically, some of the icons that I was using in the JGO view to show status state of the user object was missing on the server side due to incorrect classpath (whereas, on the client side, it was loading the icon images correctly, and no errors). The stack trace is very primitive when the classLoader fails to load an image. The image creation works great under WebLogic server now with Windows box. But we had to run an X-Windows server in the Unix to make it work.