I’m trying to override the initializeColumns method of JGoLayeredDigraphAutoLayout in order to influence the layout of a version tree. The goal is to place the nodes with the same branch tag in the same column.
In initializeColumns I did the following:
- Find the start node, which is the one that doesn’t have a predecessor.
- Follow the links from there throughout the graph.
- Assign column numbers starting from 0 and incrementing as new branch tags are encountered.
- Assign the resulting columns numbers to the “column” field of the attached JGoLayeredDigraphAutoLayoutNodeData.
- Any JGoNetworkNode that is not associated with with a JGoNode I added in the JGoDocument is not initialized.
The method is called, but it hasn’t got the slightest impact on the resulting layout.