Licensing Issue -2.6.1.2

I am using GoForms, GoLayout version 2.6.1.1 in Visual Studio 2005 having upgraded from 2.4. 2.4 was working file, but 2.6 is not licensed on a runtime box. I have registered my components according to the directions and no longer have the watermark on my development box. On a runtime box, I still get an error stating that the components are not licensed. The licenses.licx file is part of the project as an embedded resource, it is an exe. On the runtime box, I still get a licensing error for Go.Layout.GoLayeredDigraph. (but not the other controls) How do I get <SPAN =highlight>licensing to work on a runtime machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is really holding us up.

P.S. We have rebuilt the projects, rebuilt the solution, built from a clean source. My license.licx file has these lines:
Northwoods.Go.GoOverview, Northwoods.Go, Version=2.6.1.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a4e3b7b70161cfe8
Northwoods.Go.GoPalette, Northwoods.Go, Version=2.6.1.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a4e3b7b70161cfe8
Northwoods.Go.GoView, Northwoods.Go, Version=2.6.1.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a4e3b7b70161cfe8 Northwoods.Go.Layout.GoLayoutLayeredDigraph, Northwoods.Go.Layout, Version=2.6.1.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a4e3b7b70161cfe8 Northwoods.Go.Layout.GoLayoutForceDirected, Northwoods.Go.Layout, Version=2.6.1.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a4e3b7b70161cfe8
Our licensing implementation, based on the .NET licensing architecture, hasn't really changed since 1.0, besides supporting additional platforms and configurations.
I'm confused -- are you using 2.6.1.1 or 2.6.1.2? Although you may have mistyped in your message here, you should also check that the references in your project(s) are also referring to the correct version. And that you are deploying with those same assemblies. Everything has to match.
You can also try running Samples\BuildSamples.bat to see if the resulting EXEs will run on your runtime box.

Hi Walter,

I'm trying out the 2.6.2 evaluation version and I'm getting this error (exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation) message when I use a control. without having the control, my app works fine.

So is the LicenseManager showing an evaluation license for 2.6 and a development license for 2.4? Maybe the presence of the 2.4 license is confusing things.

If you can get licenses for 2.6, try installing them -- i.e. requesting and entering unlock codes using the 2.6 LicenseManager.exe.
If you cannot get licenses for 2.6, try deleting the 2.4 licenses. Using REGEDIT look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Northwoods Software\Go.NET. Delete the 2.4 version values, that are NOT named "... eval". The 2.6 version values should be named "... eval".
BTW: The registry entries used by 2.4 are in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive, not HKEY_CURRENT_USER. You can leave those alone.

Thanks Walter,

just want to let everyone know my problem resolved and it was at my end. I found out that the dll that I'm building using GoDiagram, the application that link the dll need to rebuild with Go objs linked as well in order for everything to work.