Link Positioning on Group Template

Hello,

I’m wanting to use the fromSpot and toSpot properties of a Node on a Group. They work beautifully on my node template, but not on either of my group templates. The Documentation says that Group inherits those properties from Node, so I would assume them to work in an identical manner.

Here is a clipping of my group template:

$go(go.Group, "Auto",
        {
            //layout: $go(go.GridLayout,
            //    {
            //        wrappingWidth: Infinity, alignment: go.GridLayout.Position,
            //        cellSize: new go.Size(1, 1), spacing: new go.Size(4, 4)
            //    }),
            isSubGraphExpanded: false,
            mouseDragEnter: (e, grp, prev) => { this.highlightGroup(e, grp, true); },
            mouseDragLeave: (e, grp, next) => { this.highlightGroup(e, grp, false); },
            computesBoundsAfterDrag: true,
            subGraphExpandedChanged: (g) => { g.category = "EXPANDED"; },
            // when the selection is dropped into a Group, add the selected Parts into that Group;
            // if it fails, cancel the tool, rolling back any changes
            mouseDrop: this.finishDrop,
            fromSpot: go.Spot.RightSide,
            toSpot: go.Spot.LeftSide
        }

EDIT: I got over-zealous in my clicking. I forgot to thank you in advance for your help! Thanks!

Yes, that should work fine, assuming you have some GraphObjects in the visual tree of the Group. GoJS SubGraphs -- Northwoods Software demonstrates links connected with a group.

Or maybe you are not seeing the Group’s fromSpot and toSpot properties having any effect because the Layout is preempting their values on the Links?

I’m not sure I understand how that sample helps me.

I want to display multiple line connections on the group that go to the internal nodes of the group when the group is collapsed. If the group is expanded, the multiple connections on each node work perfectly.

I was just referring to an example that showed that the port spots worked when links connected with groups.

I don’t understand what you want. Typically some screenshots should help, perhaps with your hand drawn annotations, maybe showing before and after, and showing the difference(s) between what you have and what you would like.

Can I email them to you as to keep them private?

Thanks.

Of course. GoJS at our domain.