Making generated key value in string type

Hi!

I have a question regarding type (string/number) of key property.
I’m trying to solve key property type inconsistancy issue.
What I see is that all user interaction, lets say adding node to diagram, adding new links between nodes in diagram, gojs generate key value for both nodes&links in number type. Although key prop accepts string|number|undefined according to API description.
Is there any way to affect key generation? For example make all generated by gojs keys strictly in string type?
I know that i can catch relevant objects (links/nodes) in diffeerent diagram events, and mutate them in the way i need, but this way i will need to handle all possible diagram events that can creates objects, (i can think of at least 3 events objectDropped, linkDrawn, ClipboardPasted straight away), which i dont really want to do.
I’m thinking of adding a comparison method (which will solve type inconsistancy) and use it everywhere we do key comparison, but before that i want to check if there is a way to make gojs generate key in string type only.

Thanks
Vlad

You want to set makeUniqueKeyFunction before you add any node data to the model.

Also makeUniqueLinkKeyFunction for link data.