Printing from GoWeb

The printing with window.print() is pretty bad. It has a tendency to cut my workflow between pages so I’m looking for an alternative.
Does anyone know if it would be possible to maybe generate a PDF or some other format from the GoView on the server side and have that returned for printing?
If someone has a better way, please let me know that too. Thanks.
Jayme

It just occurs to me that one possibility might be to scroll a view an image-full at a time, printing each time. You can call goReload passing in the query arguments that goScroll would create, so that there’s no postback.
The problem is that there isn’t any information on the client side about how large the document is, and therefore how far you will need to scroll.
Another problem is that I don’t know if there’s a way to just print an image, rather than a whole page. You’ll need to investigate that.
A different possibility would be to use an SVG viewer, if it could print whole SVG documents. That’s another topic for investigation.
In the long run we’ll probably provide a PDF generator.

The only function to control printing that I am aware of is the window.print() which takes no parameters so printing a specific item doesn’t seem feasable. I would still have the sizing problem anyway. The only solution that would make sense to me would be a server side solution such as your PDF generator. That would be ideal.