Problems with Firefox 3.6.13

Hi Jake,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I encountered a problem with ff 3.6.13 german version:

I have to click to node SAP (PRD) to get the properties of the associated placeholder node. Clicking on the placeholder node results in a move up(2_5 pix) of GoView

The behaviour of Chrome, Opera and IE is as expected.

same with ff 3.6.14 german version

Thanks for your Help

Chris

new:

Both nodes move (like the view scrolls)? or just the one you click on?

Jake,

only the selected placeholder node will be moved, if i hold down mouse a litle bit higher then the position of SAP (PRD). to move SAP (PRD) I musst click and hold down mousekey at the distance beetween the nodes obove SAP(PRD)
Thx
Chris

I’m having trouble understanding what is happening. It sounds like a simple click causes the node to move as if it were dragged a small amount?

I’ve done testing with Firefox 3.6.13 and I’m not seeing any problems in our sample apps.

Sorry, Jake, that I did not explain my problem in a clear way. i will try it again:
in Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.6.14 I encountered the problem that a click to the node shown in the graph as selected does not select this node. To select the node, I have to click a little bit higher as the top line of the SAP object. to select the SAP Object I have to clik obove the object. See added pic in original post (I’m too stupid to add a pic to the reply, sorry).

I tried it with the sample apps and they work with ff. My app does only work with IE, Chrome and Opera but not with Firefox.

Thanks
Chris

Hi,

I figuered it out:
function goMouseY(e) {
if (goIE) return e.offsetY; else return (e.pageY-e.target.y);
}
gives a wrong result for firefox in my app. The reason is our framework and the design of the page (Pagetitle, PageContent and Pagefooter)
I habe to subtract the height of my pagetitle too:
function goMouseY(e) { if (goIE) {return e.offsetY;} else {if (navigator.appCodeName.indexOf('Mozilla') >= 0) {return (e.pageY - e.target.y - 133);} else {return (e.pageY - e.target.y);}} }

Is 133 the width of the panel to the left of your GoView?

No, jake.

133 is the height of my header panel. It is a fixed size in my app and therefore I use the fixed value.
Do you know, how to get the topposition of the goview element?
thx
Chris

I’ve sent you a new GoWeb.js to try.

I’ll do the testing tomorrow in the morning.

Thx
Chris

Thank you very much, Jake!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It works fine for me .

I tried it with IE8, Opera 11.01, Firefox 4 and Chrome10

Later the day I will have to try IE 9

Thx

Chris

Jake,
with IE 9 your script works fine too. But I encountered an other problem:
My application tried to load *.css file which does not exist. No Browser had any problem with this except IE9. Ie9 stopped after 2 or 3 postbacks without any error msg. After deleting the link statement, all was fine Big%20smile

have a nice day and thank you very much
Chris