Problems with GoLink

Sorry… I wasn’t seeing notification of these updates… a glitch in the forum?

If that really is the only 4 lines of code… I wasn’t able to reproduce. Let me watch your video and try again.

ok, this is weird. I see the behavior now. I don’t know how I missed it before.

Thank for the answer, Jake!
I’m looking forward to hearing from you again )

Jake, is there any chance to get the answer?

It really does look like a bug. No one has ever reported it, as far as I can see, in the 15 or so years we’ve been selling GoDiagram. Forcing the links to a grid makes it much more likely you’ll see the problem.

I don’t have a solution or workaround yet.

It was more code than I wanted to post here, but I’ve sent you a solution.

Jake, thank you very much for the letter!
Let me some time to try your solution and show it out chiefs.
After that I will write our opinion.

Hello, Jake!
I have tried your solution, but it doesn’t fit for us

1. There are no visible intermediate point those a user inserts.Is it possible to make them visible, but not resizable or suppress resizing when the points in the link all get stacked up on top of each other?
  2. I create Start and Finish nodes and drag a horizontal segment up and it is still not orthogonal (look at the picture below)
  3. The users want to see resizable handles exactly at the ends of a link, if I assign
    int nFirstPoint = 0;// this.FirstPickIndex;
    int nLastPoint = this.PointsCount - 1;//this.LastPickIndex;
    in your example, then I also have a not orthogonal
    link

Orthogonality is one of the main requriements in our project… And every link must be aligned by a grid.

The combination of Orthogonal, Grid snapping, letting the user add segments and using the built-in reshaping logic just falls into a hole. In 15 years, no one has ever tried this combination.

Changing the first and last pick points is way out of bounds, the code isn’t going to support that.

If you’re not happy with the drag segment solution I sent you, you’re going to have to go completely custom and do your own link routing and Resize(reshape) tool. You won’t be the first… sometimes the default behaviors we provide just aren’t what the application requires.

OR… It’s probably easier for you to fix your “visible” issues you had with the solution I sent.