Question About Printing

I am trying to print to an 11 x 17 piece of paper. I would like to have the image cover the entire sheet.
When I do a View.Print, it prints to the 11 x 17 paper but the image is sized for 8.5 x 11. I have tried using view.printscale to make it larger. However, whenever I change printscale I get blank pages out of the printer.
I have been able to fill the 11 x 17 sheet by overriding PrintDocumentPage as follows:
Protected Overrides Sub PrintDocumentPage(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintPageEventArgs)
e.Graphics.DrawImage(Me.GetBitmapFromCollection(Me.Document), New System.Drawing.RectangleF(e.MarginBounds.Top, e.MarginBounds.Left, e.MarginBounds.Width, e.MarginBounds.Height))
End Sub
However, when I print using a Bitmap, I end up with a fuzzy low resolution printout.
I am sure I am missing the incredibly obvious. Any instructions you can give me on generating a clear resized printout would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t know–that ought to just work. Try overriding GoView.PrintShowDialog to take a look at the PrintDocument argument after the user selects the printer and print and page settings, just before returning from PrintShowDialog. Do the DefaultPageSettings make sense for the 11x17 printer chosen?
We don’t have any large printers. I know many customers have been able to print on various sizes of pages and printers. Does anyone else have any comments?
By the way, GoView.PrintScale controls the scale at which it prints, not the size that it prints. The print bounds is determined by PrintPageEventArgs.MarginBounds. GoView.PrintDocumentPage, which is the PrintPageEventHandler, figures out the print size in document units by dividing the PrintPageEventArgs.MarginBounds by the PrintScale.

The default page settings look fine. As far as I can tell, GoView knows the size of the paper I am trying to print to. It is putting markers on the outer border of the printout to mark the margin positions. These markers are positioned correctly, however the image within the markers stays the same size regardless of the paper size selected.
Is there a way I can control the resolution of the bitmap generated by GetBitmapFromCollection? It I can, then overiding the PrintDocumentPage the way I have will work fine. I just need a higher resolution image when I generate a printout.

Oh, maybe I completely misunderstood what you want to do.
Did you want to do something like scaling the sizes of the objects so that everything in your document fits on one page? There’s some example code that does that, and maybe in the FAQ too. That would set GoView.PrintScale to appropriate values. However, I think it would not set PrintScale to a value larger than 1.0, if the things to be printed could fit in the page.
So if setting GoView.PrintScale is what you need to do, what happens when you set it to different values? (That’s without your hack of printing the whole document as a bitmap, of course.)
I believe it defaults to 0.8. What about at 1.0 or 1.2?
If you have a lot of objects in your document, covering a broad area, what happens?

I went back and followed the example in the FAQ. I not sure what
I did different, but I was able to get PrintScale to work.

Thank you for your help.