Rounded Lines with Jump Over

I got two requirements from my clients and need guidance in the following:
1) Instead of the Jump over I need to break the linkline in place of the Jumpover arc.
2) Instead of Jumpover with rounded corners, I need Jumpover with square corners.
Thanks in Advance,
Thunis
  1. Instead of Jumpover with rounded corners, I need Jumpover with square corners.

You can do this by setting Curviness to 0.

Still thinking about 1.
  1. Instead of the Jump over I need to break the linkline in place of the Jumpover arc.

Use a HighlightPen set to the paper color.

from the Processor sample:

this.HighlightPenColor = Color.White;

this.HighlightPenWidth = 6;

this.Highlight = true;

Thanks for the quick response

this almost work for most cases. but not where the arrow is in the way the

this.HighlightPenColor = Color.White;
this.HighlightPenWidth = 6;
this.Highlight = true;
code clip part of the arrow.
how can i override the function that draw the jumpover?

It’s not that easy. There is some private code that creates a Path. There’s maybe a way of getting the Path and editing out the jumpovers before drawing it.

If you want more detail, I can go get that for you.

Yes please give me more detail on how edit out the jumpovers.

If the links with the arrowheads are drawn after the link with the highlight, that would also work, but you may not be able to guarantee that in all cases. If you can, it is just a matter of putting the arrowhead links after the other one in the GoLayer.

Hi Jake - to edit out the Junpovers is a much cleaner way to go for me, can you please assist in how to remove the path. Thanks.

There’s maybe a way of getting the Path and editing out the jumpovers before drawing it.

Well, I was wrong with what I said earlier. There isn’t an overridable hook anywhere in the Paint method (in either GetPath or DrawPath) that lets you get to the Path after it is created and before it is drawn.

We’re going to try to get something into the upcoming 4.1 release for you.

Thank you very much - we appreciate the way you guys support your product and us very much.

How does this look? The lines with color have the new Style = RoundedLinesWithJumpGaps

Jake it look great, I asume that it will work with any line thickness and not based on HighlightPenWidth?

Can I get my hands on a beta to test it?

Yes, the blue line is just set with width, and the orange is a highlight. The thin red line is also JumpGaps, but it is the first one drawn, so it doesn’t happen to have any gaps.

I’ll send you some mail about getting you a kit.