Scrollbar color

Hi,

Is there any way to change te scrolbar color in the goview contol.
Thanks
Rich

GoView.HorizontalScrollBar and VerticalScrollBar gives you access.

I don’t see how I change the color. Can you please provide a code snippet or how-to instructions. It must be something simple that I am overlooking.

Thanks
Rich

Well, you’re right. They are standard .NET HScrollbar and VScrollbar controls, but it doesn’t seem to be easy to set the color… sort of non-intuitive, eh?

implies you have to drop down into old style win32 message handling.

I tried the suggestion but I did not get the WM_CTLCOLORSCROLLBAR (0x0137) Message. The override of WinProc worked as I got many messages but no WM_CTLCOLORSCROLLBAR message. Any thoughts? I realize this is a Microsoft thing so I’m not saying this is Northwood’s issue. However, he reason I want to do this is that I am using Infragistic winform controls with there App Styling functions, All the controls have the same look and I want to get GoView to look like it belongs. There are numerous products out there that give the developer and easy way to skin there applications. I think it would be a big help if GoView had a similiar facility.

Thanks
Rich

ah… this may help then: http://www.nwoods.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1780

does Infragistics supply their own scrollbars?

Hi,

Yes, Infragistics supplies their own scrollbars and they do not inherit from the windows scrollbar. I was able to use there scrollbar and it's looks good in the GoView control. As far as handling the actual scrolling I followed the instructions that are in this thread. The scrolling is not perfect but close enough for now, I just need to spend more time on it.
goView.HorizontalScrollBar = null;
goView.VerticalScrollBar = null;
goView.BottomBar = infragisticsHorzScrollBar; // Scrollbar instance
goView.RightBar = infragisticsVertScrollBar; // Scrollbar instance
private void goView_PropertyChanged(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
{
if (e.PropertyName == "DocPosition"
{
// Not ready to share
}
else if (e.PropertyName == "DocScale"
{
// Not ready to share
}
}
Thanks
Rich