SecurityException

I have published a new web site that uses GoDiagram. It is a new version of another site that I published to a different hosting service, and everything is almost an exact duplicate of the original site. The original site works perfectly, and the new site works on my local machine. But, when I try to access a page on the new site that contains a goView object, I get the following error:

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
‘System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’ failed.

The message goes on to say where the failure occured, such as:
at Northwoods.GoWeb.GoShape.GetPenInfo(Pen p)
at Northwoods.GoWeb.GoStroke…ctor()
ertc…

And then it gives this information:
The action that failed was: InheritanceDemand
The type of the first permission
that failed was: System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission
The Zone of the
assembly that failed was: MyComputer

That last line tells me that when I compiled my code, or when I did the “Build Runtime Licenses” bit, I did something wrong.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Oh Yeah…I am using version 2.6.2 (I updated my license recently but have not upgraded the implementations in my code yet, I am waiting for a less hectic time to do that, so I can test, etc).

I don't think this is a licensing problem.
Is it the same version / SP of IIS?
Have you looked at the permissions that web applications have under the account?

Thanks for your response.

I have looked at the permissions of the folders on the hosted server, and everything “looks” ok there.

The issue may be that it is a different version of IIS.

My local IIS is version 5.1, while the hosted version is 7.

Do you know of any issues with version 7 of IIS?

Both IIS 6 and 7 made changes…

this looks like a good place to start: http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/139/iis7-security-improvements/

So, you don’t know of any specific issues that GoDiagram has with IIS7?

OK.

I was able to get past that problem.

Recently, I upgraded my license/subscription and got version 3.0.3. When I received the “emergency” request to implement this new version of the website I thought it would be best to stick with the old (2.6.2) version to avoid any unexpected issues, because of the tight deadline.

Since I experienced the IIS 7.0 issue, I decided to update to the newer version, in the hopes that it would play well with IIS 7. I updated it, and the control loads in the page, which is progress. But, the picture doesn’t show up and the page seems to be stuck in a reload loop. The control seems to be sized correctly and everything. There is just no picture, and the page is reloading.

It seems that the maybe the page can’t find the image file. All the code to create the goview seems to have run without error. So, there is still one more thing that is not correct with my set-up. I think I have seen this issue before but, I can’t remember what the resolution was.

Any suggestions?

As always, thanks for your help.

I have it working now.

Upgrading to 3.0.3 was part of the solution.

With IIS 7, there are different requirements for how the web config file needs to be set up. The custom httpHanlder that I declared to “GET” the GoWebImage.axd file was affected by this change. So, I had to move its declaration and modify it a bit.

This article was helpful:

So, I think I am good now…running 3.0.3 on IIS 7, oh yeah.

Thanks again.

thanks for the update.