We’re trying to run the GoDiagram Web 4.1.0 for .NET 3.5 Samples (initially ‘OrgCharter’) on a VM with Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7, but with no Visual Studio tools installed.
I’m getting a problem where the webform1.aspx keeps reloading the page and displaying an error in the GoView/GoPalette control about checking web.config and the httpHandles section.
(See attached image.)
The web.config in that folder already contained the required ‘’ entry so I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.
What I did to create the issue for the OrgCharter sample:
- Created a website entry in IIS 7 pointing to the Samples folder and granted 'Everyone' access to the folder (as a temp measure to get it working)
- Copied the following files into the OrgCharter\bin folder:
- "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\GoDiagram Web 4.1.0 for .NET 3.5\lib\Northwoods.GoWeb.dll"
- "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\GoDiagram Web 4.1.0 for .NET 3.5\lib\Northwoods.GoWeb.Layout.dll"
- "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\GoDiagram Web 4.1.0 for .NET 3.5\lib\Northwoods.GoWeb.Xml.dll"
- Browsed to \\localhost\webform1.aspx in IE (on the server VM)
- Page apperas as above and constantly reloads
The VM has:
- Windows .Net 3.5 SP1
- SQL Server 2005 Express
- GoDiagram Web 4.1.0 for .NET 3.5
- no network access (everything tested locally)
We don’t have a development license yet as we are still testing the components.
I’m new to using IIS so it might be something obvious but I’m stuck. :-(
Any help would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.