Sudden License Failure

This has been working for a long time. Now it doesn’t

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ComponentModel.LicenseException’ occurred in northwoods.go.dll

Additional information: Built using GoDiagram for .NET Windows Forms 2.4
Copyright © Northwoods Software, 1998-2005. All Rights Reserved.
The license for this copy of GoDiagram is invalid or has expired.

Please purchase a license at www.nwoods.com
If you have already purchased a GoDiagram development license,
have you requested an Unlock Code for your development machine by running the GoDiagram LicenseManager?
If you have already entered an Unlock Code in the LicenseManager,
did you link license objects into your application via the Microsoft license compiler?
(Make sure the needed components and correct FOUR-part VERSION are listed in the LICENSES.LICX file,
and that the LICENSES.LICX file is part of your EXECUTABLE’s project, not in a DLL.)
You also cannot rename your assembly after it has been linked.

Environment info:
version: 2.4.1.1
entry: Planogrammer, Version=1.0.2494.37767, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, has entry point

null licensed assembly

null saved key
mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Planogrammer, Version=1.0.2494.37767, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
System.Windows.Forms, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
System.Drawing, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Northwoods.Go, Version=2.4.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a4e3b7b70161cfe8

HA5-AC17-AC14

JTReed1 simply reinstalled license keys (unlock codes) to get things to work again. The problem may have been related to a machine name change, which would require getting new unlock codes.

New unlock codes didn’t work. Had to go fiddle with the registry keys. Now I am having trouble deploying to end users machines. The GoView throws an error when I try to instantiate it.
Ideas?

So you deleted the registry keys, requested and entered new unlock codes, and recompiled your application. Assuming that all of the assembly references are consistent with each other, that ought to work.
Try running Samples\BuildSamples.bat. Copy over an EXE that results (along with the Northwoods.Go.dll) and see if that works on a target machine (i.e. one that does not have GoDiagram installed). Make sure you copy an EXE that you built today, not one that we install from the kit, since the ones we build include license keys in them. We also use something very similar to BuildSamples.bat when we build our kits.
Anyway, if that works, then you know there’s something wrong with how you build your application. If it doesn’t work, then there’s something wrong with the license keys that are in the registry.
You have read GoWinIntro.doc carefully, haven’t you?

It was working and then it stopped working again and YES I have read the docs… I’ve done new keys… this can’t keep happening everytime I do a release. It seems to fail on the Layout portion. any ideas?

Did the sample apps created by BuildSamples.bat work, like LayoutDemo.exe?
We might be able to communicate better through e-mail.